UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hi

Old 24-07-2007, 07:53 AM   #1
spanish biker

Hi

hi to all , my name is Terry, living in Cartama, spain, i own an s4r i love it , i also have, an s2r, and 2 620i , the wife has here own 620i , its her throbbing boy,!! iam in the ducati club malaga, and have been lucky to win a couple of trophys for my bikes, and one for the oldest ducati rider in andalucia, (hell)looking forward to swaping a few stories e.t.c. i will try to send a few pics , ( im useless with a p.c.
Old 24-07-2007, 08:04 AM   #2
Gilps

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanish biker View Post
hi to all , my name is Terry, living in Cartama, spain, i own an s4r i love it , i also have, an s2r, and 2 620i , the wife has here own 620i , its her throbbing boy,!! iam in the ducati club malaga, and have been lucky to win a couple of trophys for my bikes, and one for the oldest ducati rider in andalucia, (hell)looking forward to swaping a few stories e.t.c. i will try to send a few pics , ( im useless with a p.c.
Welcome to the club Terry. It's my role within the club to personally inspect all new foreign Monsters so I shall be coming to see you next week.
If you are getting the drinks in then I'll have a large cerveza por favor.
Old 24-07-2007, 08:52 AM   #3
Chappers

Hola Terry!

I used to live in Spain, Javea/Xabia and wished I was biking over there as the roads were ace...bit hard to do when you're only 8yrs old though

Can't wait to see the pics!

Mines a San Miguel por favor

Old 24-07-2007, 09:11 AM   #4
JerryXt
everyone gets home safe

Bike: S4Rs
Welcome Terry. There's a lot of good people here with a lot of experience with Monsters, but possibly not as many bikes as you?

Glad to see you're agnostic re rads, although you probably don't get problems with condensation in your oil being in warmer climes.

Mine's a Martini, stirred, not shaken.
Old 24-07-2007, 09:42 AM   #5
steve wright

Hi, i'm moving out to Granada in a couple of months. Does the malaga ducati club have a web site? I may need some help sourcing a monster out there as i hear it's expensive to import the one I own from here.
Old 24-07-2007, 10:00 AM   #6
Chappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve wright View Post
Hi, i'm moving out to Granada in a couple of months. Does the malaga ducati club have a web site? I may need some help sourcing a monster out there as i hear it's expensive to import the one I own from here.
Import as in carriage fees or basically registering it over there?

Ride it over
Old 25-07-2007, 02:39 PM   #7
spanish biker

Spain

Hi Steve i will try to find out cost for you , what age type etc. cause if you bring yours and change it to spanish plates i think within a month i believe its not so expensive, ( i had a lad from granada area come to one of my bike meet bbqs, a couple of weeks ago he rode his over and is still on the u.k. plates and hes been here 2 years. let me know where abouts you are moving to and when you are settled a bit we can meet up some where, i amj only a couple of hours away from grananda.
Old 25-07-2007, 03:07 PM   #8
gallardo
Not Junior, Indiana..

Bike: M600
Saludos from london

Hola from another spanish biker (in London this time)!! I also looked into importing my previous 600 to Spain (till it got stolen and got me out from hesitating..) Cheapest thing was riding it over there and crossing it with the Ferry to Santander or Bilbao. It takes a bit of admin work, but would recommend it. Somehow i find the monsters more expensive in Spain than here. There are more of the kind over here I guess...
Old 25-07-2007, 03:23 PM   #9
steve wright

Terry

That would be great if you could look into for me. It's a 1999 ducati monster M900S ie. I'd probably come by ferry to Santander and ride down.
I heard a tale that if you try to re-register within the first 30 days then the import duty is reduced as they treat it as a belonging. However i've not been able to verify this so if you could help, that would be great. Also is it 30 days of bringing the bike in, or 30 days of living there? That could have a bearing on whether it's viewed as a possession or an import if you know what i mean.
I'll be living near Gor about 25kms past Guadix and would be more than happy to meet up. Guadix should be good for a few track-days as well.
How often do you have the bbq's?
Cheers.
Old 26-07-2007, 02:54 PM   #10
spanish biker

steve

Hi steve have made a couple of phone calls today and sent e mail to 2 others,regarding, transfer costs e,t,c,, but it is summer here so wont get replies till tomorrow, all the best (yes and i know ive spelt granada, wrong)
Old 28-07-2007, 07:57 AM   #11
spanish biker

import

Hola, gallardo ¿que tal? hace muy calor hoy,
steve i have sent you a pm regarding importing
1 have you owned the moto for more than 6 months.
2 are you moving here perm are you registering as a resident?