UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hey and help

Old 02-06-2007, 07:50 PM   #1
Stewboy

Hey and help

Hey all , im Stewboy and from SE/London.

Just bought a monster m900ie after having a number of sports bikes...including a 749s and i must say its GREAT cant get over how well it handles and flickble it is plus the termis sound awesome.

seems sooo nice to ride to work ( in the city ) with ut having to worry about my panels getting ruined lol

anyway .. I cleaned the bike today and them after i started it up the oil light came on, I checked the oil and thats fine.

hmm I looked at oil level wire (goes inside the engine on the right) and there was some water down the rubber part so im thinking its a electrical problem ....

any help would be great ;o)

look forward to being on here more.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:06 PM   #2
Gadget
wtf...

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Wait till it dries out and see if the light stays on. There where a few doing this on Monday morning after the weekender. (If you didn't know, it rained a bit).Mine included. Once the bike warmed up the oil light went out. Nothing to worry about, probably.

Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:44 PM   #3
Yorkie
Anglo-Saxon Warrior

Bike: M900
Cool

Dry off the connector, and WD40 it. If it continues to stay on its the oil pressure switch!

You have checked the oil havent you??

Yorkie.
Yorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:05 PM   #4
banditloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie View Post
Dry off the connector, and WD40 it. If it continues to stay on its the oil pressure switch!

You have checked the oil havent you??

Yorkie.
GT85 works better on electrical conectors than WD40
Old 02-06-2007, 09:07 PM   #5
Yorkie
Anglo-Saxon Warrior

Bike: M900
Cool

Picky!

Yorkie.
Yorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 09:58 PM   #6
banditloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie View Post
Picky!

Yorkie.
Yip
Old 02-06-2007, 10:18 PM   #7
scrumpster

Mine came on like gadget's, but mine stayed on until Oxford all okay now though so as long as you have oil I'd say it's wet
Old 02-06-2007, 11:00 PM   #8
Stewboy

Cheers guys ...thanks i can sleep now ha ha ... so many of the site from London ?
Old 03-06-2007, 08:24 AM   #9
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Yep I'm down in Brockley, SE4, cos an't be that far from you. But there are plenty around that's for sure.

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:46 AM   #10
banditloon

I sometimes appear in Chelsea, when I get my weekend pass away from the countryside of Walton on Thames

Welcome to the forum
Old 03-06-2007, 08:52 AM   #11
banditloon

Oh and I appear lots of times at Rosso Corse when the old bike decides it needs some company...
Old 03-06-2007, 09:26 AM   #12
benson

Hi Stew - I'm Benson (aka Rachel ) the London and Essex rep type person - welcome to the wonderful world of the M900ie - I too have one, nearly 5 years old and ridden pretty much all year except for the commute because my hand would fall off with the clutch through town...

ANYWAY - I agree with the rest of the crew (because my technical knowledge is just so extensive....no) that it soulds like you got the thing a bit too wet...

Happy monstering and I'm in E4 - Slob is in Beckton and there are plenty of others around so watch out for the posts. There's a trackday to look forward to in July and the week before is the big v twin rally to Lincolnshire - both on the calendar so sheck out the events thread and see what's happening...
Old 03-06-2007, 10:29 AM   #13
Stewboy

Hey , Went out this morning started her up and the light was off, whoooop im off to greenwich now to pose.

so any tips on how to look cool ...? lol

I mean im used to walking round looking hot in all the racing leathers and a 1 piece suit .

I just bought some dragon jeans for the monster as i didn't really want to wear the classic style leathers and stuff on it. though i do wear my jacket

ps im 22 lol dont really want to grow a tash and have open face lid ;o)
Old 03-06-2007, 10:37 AM   #14
Headhunter
THFC

Bike: M620ie
Hi Stewboy

Welcome to the forum. As Rachel says there are plenty of us dotted around London. Keep an eye out for the Kent meets (top people), as I imagine that will be close to you and also the lovely Sussex/surrey contingency too.

Hope to see you about.

Sir Winston Churchill
Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:16 AM   #15
mad_turnips

hi

hate to get involved with the london group love thing but welcome to the club anyway and dont worry im only 24 and got my monnie when i was 19 so the club isnt just pipe and slippers crowd ( im so gonna get into trouble for that ) you will find it a great place place for help ( not just with monster stuff)