UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Events :. » Events » National Events » Weekender Archive » Monster Weekender 2021 » Weekender anyone?, 2021

Old 28-06-2021, 04:48 PM   #211
ChrisC2925

Bike: M600
I hope all the weekenders got home OK, thanks for the company on the road & in the bar

Big shout out to Mike for his perseverance in getting everything organised so successfully in light of the set backs we have had over the last 2 years, a crate of Peroni will be winging his way when when I pass Costco on the way home this week, also thanks to Adie for getting us all safely where we needed to be on the runs

Cheers to Mr Gasa not only for knocking out some excellent trophies, but also in his other role as UKMOC DERV Meister in chief for getting the team of volunteers through the messy business of sorting my diesel cock-up out.

Looking forward to the next one, wherever it may be!!
ChrisC2925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2021, 04:56 PM   #212
Moco1961

“ Basil “

Glad you got back safe and sound mate, thanks for your company once again.
Old 28-06-2021, 04:59 PM   #213
walkingpictures
preneolithic frebie

Bike: S4Rs
Great to see the photos,thanks for posting them up,hope you all had a great weekend

Kimbo
walkingpictures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2021, 05:00 PM   #214
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Great pics, loads of great bikes too and that is some hotel for sure. Any close up pics of the trophys Gazza made? I forgot about Ravenglass and always fancied doing that. I will try to next time I'm up that way.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2021, 05:01 PM   #215
Moco1961

Hey Chris

…. Big thanks to you bud, we covered some miles together ,with Adie too of course to get things sorted

Looking forward to doing many more miles together mate
Old 28-06-2021, 05:27 PM   #216
Moco1961

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69 View Post
Great pics, loads of great bikes too and that is some hotel for sure. Any close up pics of the trophys Gazza made? I forgot about Ravenglass and always fancied doing that. I will try to next time I'm up that way.
Hi Darren, go make yourself a brew, I will give you the whole story !
Old 28-06-2021, 05:53 PM   #217
Moco1961

Trophy pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69 View Post
So, after weekender 2019 and the passing of Buzzbomb.Barbera,Geoffs widow, asked if any of the parts Geoff had stored in his garage would be of any use. As we know he was a serial “fettler” and modified his bikes…..because he wanted them to look/ perform better.

Some parts you may recall I advertised on here but a random collection were kept with the idea of incorporating into trophies. Fast forward a few months and Gaza arranged a visit to the British motorcycle museum ,as fate would have it the date of the visit coincided with midlands monsoon season and a flooded car park at the event resulted in us gathering in a nearby pub to discuss……trophies.

I laid the bits out on a table ( this was in the pre COVID days )…. And what followed was an amusing half hour of a number of grown ups behaving like they just opened a jigsaw puzzle on Christmas Day. Eventually we collectively decided what could be used and Mr G had the “artistic licence” to transform the ideas into reality.

Additional items were sourced for the Buzzbomb trophy itself as we had a specific look in mind, Slob and Luddite both donated shield badges and Slob sourced the carbon handlebar.

Gaz had an idea at the back of his mind about a plaque in the centre of the trophy, I had always wanted to ask Chris from Desmoworld if he would like to contribute as Geoff had a great relationship with them…..the plan was nearly complete. I got in touch with Chris who was honoured to make the 50mm x 50 mm red anodised plaque and provide the four matching handlebar bolts. The story is not quite over, following Brexit Chris ( desmoworld)doesn’t export to GB other than to chosen customers, one of which was in Leigh.Arrangements we’re made to send the trophy parts with other kit, the goods landed in Liverpool…..it took a WEEK to get the customs paperwork sorted…..Chris( our Chris) collected the parts on THURSDAY NIGHT on his way home, on the eve of the Weekender!

Phew……Gaz did the rest when he got to the hotel.

I hope you agree he has done an amazing job and deserves all the credit I hope he receives when people see the end result……enjoy

3E61E77C-A604-4E81-A8D3-70510C6B4C6C by Mike OConnor, on Flickr

34149B67-2193-479F-9F0D-388553660877 by Mike OConnor, on Flickr
Old 28-06-2021, 06:07 PM   #218
Darkness

Bike: M900
Great trophies. That’s a lovely piece of pippy oak you used there!
Old 28-06-2021, 06:09 PM   #219
DaveR

Bike: S4r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moco1961 View Post
0CB7C6DD-A7D3-471D-8F96-F610959958C3 by Mike OConnor, on Flickr

Dave R made a great effort to travel on his S4r, be interested to know the final mileage Dave. I was a measly 497 for the whole weekend, you must be nearly double mate?
910.5 to be precise. Back safely a little damp, very tired but a great weekend. Thanks again Mike
DaveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2021, 06:10 PM   #220
Moco1961

Wow, can anyone beat that for total miles ,
Old 28-06-2021, 06:38 PM   #221
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Thanks for telling the story of the Buzzbomb trophy Mike, it reminded me how far back it goes.
The bases are made from English Burr Oak which I French polished. The clamp is from Buzzbomb's bike, which I de-painted and polished. It's held to the base with Titanium bolts which you can't really see. (In the true spirit of the obsessive lightener. ) The threads are actually tapped into the hard Burr Oak
This year all the plaques were laser engraved on laminated metal/plastic material.

So Buzzbomb's Trophy has Carbon fibre, Titanium, laser engraving, rare enamelled badges, polishing, custom and bespoke anodised alloy parts and an awful lot of love. Not to mention the gnarly character of English Burr Oak. I hope it will carry his memory on for many years and inspire builders to create ever more imaginative and beautiful Monsters.

Just to re-iterate Mikes thanks to everyone who has contributed to this and made such it a touching club tribute to a late great club member and friend.

Barbara for all Geoff's parts to use for the ornaments, Rob and Vince for the Ducati badges and the carbon tube, Desmoworld for the stunning name plate and screws and of course Chris for getting them to the ball on time.
I had a plastic replica of the name plate made and temporarily fixed in case of a no show, but thanks to Chris I was able to switch for the real McCoy on Friday evening... And of course big thanks to Mike for pulling the whole show together..
You might also notice that there is no 2021 on the plaques as it was all so shaky that the Weekender would happen at all.... It did happen and what a ball it has been...

Last edited by Mr Gazza; 28-06-2021 at 06:51 PM..
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2021, 06:43 PM   #222
Moco1961

Concours d’elagance winner, Adie 851 and the S4r, thanks to Colin for the image

88106C7D-CCB5-4CC3-885D-4D5687497A64 by Mike OConnor, on Flickr

Last edited by Moco1961; 28-06-2021 at 06:45 PM.. Reason: Thanks Col
Old 28-06-2021, 06:47 PM   #223
Moco1961

Gazza

….what can I say, we did it mate Gaz do you have photos of the other trophies to post to meet Darrens request ?

Last edited by Moco1961; 28-06-2021 at 07:55 PM.. Reason: Additional text
Old 28-06-2021, 09:39 PM   #224
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Bike: M1100evo
Huge thanks to Mike for organising an excellent Weekender. The hotel, food and staff were terrific!
Thanks to Gazza for the brilliant trophies. It would be nice if the photographer would send the images to Chris at Desmoworld & of course, Barbara. I'm sure they would be really chuffed to see them.

Thanks to all attendees, it wouldn't be much of a weekender without participants!

Gutted I didn't get the Best Trailer award, obviously I need to add some carbon & titanium & upgrade the suspension before next year to stand any chance of winning.

Chris, after much searching I've found just the bike for you:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203296715...sAAOSwBWZgSgwA
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2021, 09:43 PM   #225
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
What a cracking Weekender.
Thanks for the hard work and effort everyone put in, especially Mike.
The hotel was a peach. Good location for the lakes, good food, great beer plus excellent service.
Thank you to everyone who voted for the 12r as best modified, especially considering Gazza and I rode through a rain storm in the Yorkshire Dales on Friday, which washed enough sheep dip and poo on to the road to render my bike the dirtiest ( and smelliest) it's ever been!
My total mileage came to 844 from leaving on Thursday, meeting up with Gazza, travelling up the East coast, then across the Dales as mentioned to Barrow on Friday. The various ride outs, then home today.

Last edited by Grumpy; 28-06-2021 at 09:46 PM..
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote