UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Engines, Clutch, Gears » M900 pushrod and needle bearing questions

Old 13-10-2010, 12:26 PM   #1
stevenson100

M900 pushrod needle bearing not on ducati parts diagram

Hi, any advice please.

After much faffing about with clutch master and slave cylinders, bleeding then bleeding then bleeding again I've realised the problem was with the pushrod spinning in the slave piston.. Doh..

The pressure plate bearing is ok, so I eventually managed to remove the pushrod to clean the inners etc but found that the 2 orings on the pushrod need replacing and most of the needle bearings came out (not sure what correct name is, but located just behind the big nut holding the clutch drum).

So,
Stupid question .. but can the needle bearings be put back into place??
If not:
Does anybody know what the bearing is called or its part number? - I have spoken to Ducati parts dealers and they cannot see the needle bearing on the correct year/model official parts diagram (which they sent me a screen shot via email).

How do you get the main nut holding the clutch drum off without the 'special tool'.

Many thx

Last edited by stevenson100; 13-10-2010 at 01:29 PM.. Reason: More info added
Old 13-10-2010, 03:21 PM   #2
Dukedesmo

Bike: M900
You need a new bearing, 'O' rings and oil seal. I changed them in my 916 not a difficult job and not expensive IIRC, check the pushrod's not bent.

As for removing the clutch assembly, you maybe able to 'rattle-gun' the clutch nut off? but you'll definitely need a holding tool to refit it otherwise you will break something.

Dukedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2010, 03:59 PM   #3
stevenson100

Many thanks Desmo Duke,

My problem is that the needle bearing (located just behind the nut on the clutch drum) is not shown on the Ducati parts diagram (only the pressure plate bearing is shown). Do you know the name of this bearing? If so, will I need a special tool to remove it?

Cheers
Steve
Old 13-10-2010, 05:04 PM   #4
Dukedesmo

Bike: M900
It is shown but on the gearbox assembly page as it sits inside the gearbox input shaft, should be part no. 76402.0002 (item 17).

IIRC I got mine out with a 'dental pick' but it came out easily and pushed it back in using a small socket, the seal fits afterwards, make sure you put it in the right way (with the 'lip' pointing inwards) or oil runs out into your clutch pack, you get clutch slip and smoke from the drips onto the exhaust - don't ask me how I know...

Last edited by Dukedesmo; 13-10-2010 at 05:06 PM..
Dukedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clutch, needle, pushrod