UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Events :. » Events » 2024 Wassup?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-12-2023, 12:53 PM   #1
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
2024 Wassup?

2024 is a rather blank looking canvas so far.
The departing management declared the Weekender finished as an annual event.
I find that personally quite devastating and I'd like to hear from anyone with aspirations to pull something together for the future.
It's probably true that the format had become worn out and it is certainly true that Mike was worn out with it after doing such a splendid job for so many years battling so many set-backs.
One factor that I'm sure has put some folks off is the rising costs of hotels, so we're looking for a new approach to an annual club event/get-together.
I'm on the lookout for serious workable suggestions.

I have a large red gazebo that was donated to the club by the late great Capo and also a collection of large and small club banners and flags, which are free to loan for events.

A couple of events which always had a good UKMOC presence have disappeared, the Fenman in Wimbotsham and the East Kirkby Buell and Italian day.
It is very unlikely to ever see the Fenman again and East Kirkby depends upon someone in the Buell club taking the baton from Mr and Mrs Jessop who have done a fabulous job over the years.

Please post up dates for events and shows that would appeal to us for a meet up.

Let's fill that calendar up..