UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » I'm definitely not buying a monster..

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2015, 11:59 AM   #1
GWLS

Wink I'm definitely not buying a monster..

Hi everyone! I'm Gary, i've got blonde hair.... only joking!

First off, don't have pics yet... and officially i'm not buying a bike according to the wife

HOWEVER

It's our anniversary on Monday and i've bought her a very nice ring that she covets but doesn't expect to EVER get, i'm working on the basis that will give me the necessary slack for the bike to be delivered

I am in the process of "not" purchasing a 10 reg Pearl White / Black Stripe 696 which looks very nice and well looked after - going to speak to bike transporter today to get the low down and then going over to Metropolis in Barnet to see if they would be happy to take delivery and do some immediate fettling (that way allowing me sufficient time to conclude negotiations) If people want to see the bike i'm DEFINITELY NOT buying let me know and i'll get some pics of it

There's also the small matter of getting my licence!

I'm no longer a pup and whilst I rode off-road and small bikes from 13 to 20ish , i hadn't been back on a bike for 20 years. Hopefully doing my module 1 DAS on Tuesday, providing I get through the mock tomorrow.

I know that everyone says DON"T buy a monster as your first big bike, but I really battle with the thought and hassle of buying something I don't want and then selling it in a year or so and pass the chance to buy this beauty i've seen (did I mention she only has 900 miles on her!?!)

It may be a little mad, but i figured I could always restrict it initially with the 46.6bhp kit and then remove the restrictor later (note as a fat middle aged man I'm doing direct access so I would only be restricting it for my own and others safety)

Look forward to the banter and meeting up when me and the mistress are eventually allowed, for now i'm here to sit back and learn

G