UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » New Monster

Old 28-11-2020, 07:57 AM   #16
Blah blah
Upsetting normal people..

Bike: S2r
Quote:
Originally Posted by slob View Post
remember, the ‘93 900 didn’t look exactly like Galluzzi’s design sketch by the time we got our hands on it
Oh look, no tea tray...
Old 28-11-2020, 09:02 AM   #17
Darkness

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah blah View Post
Oh look, no tea tray...
Goosenecked Frame, Non USD Forks, 19” Spoked Front Wheel, 16” Disk Rear Wheel, Superbike Engine, Radiator, No rear lights (Unless thats the smudge next to the rear axle?), Hardly Sportster style headlight and instruments, Tank mounted Air Scoop(s?), etc.....

I’m glad it spent time in development after the original concept. The Köln show bike was far more like the production bikes.
Old 28-11-2020, 09:12 AM   #18
Darkness

Spot the difference!
Old 28-11-2020, 11:10 AM   #19
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah blah View Post
I'm not the target market for this as I won't be swapping mine but I think a lot will be down to how it looks. If it ends up looking like a another clone that gets lost in the sea of 'monsters' * from other manufacturers then why would anyone buy it other than for the name? I'll see what the teenager thinks when pictures are released.

Better handling and stiffer frames? Always welcome but test riders used to V4s and track testing doesn't necessarily mean it'll be any better for normal people in the real world on our roads at 7/10ths.

And despite all that which seems a bit negative, I look forward to seeing it, just hope the people making the sub frames aren't the same ones that made my tank..

*didn't know what the collective was for lots of Monsters was or even if there is one but 'Sea of Monsters' seems to fit !
I get what your saying. Having had a mk1 900 then a mk2 in the s4 then falling for the mk2 1100s that got a very tough reception but it have me everything I wanted with power and lightness etc I was very happy. I never fell out of love with it I never fell in love with its replacement as to why I got the Scrambler. It was old school monster underneath. Hence me having gone backwards but that's me not the new kid on the block.
If I had the money I would have every incarnation monster. They learn but continue to make considered bad mistakes with race bikes but these are not and they seem to think its adequate which no doubt it is. I feel that going plastic is not going green. Metal is greener but obviously wood is greener too but let's not do that. As I say we must be open minded and hoping enough fall in love and make Ducati progress but in the modern today everything successful gets changed just because the market doesnt stand still. In the olden days we say lol cars were changed maybe every 5 years now its annual upgrades like phones. Must have society. Ducati seem to follow that line except they still cannot seem to change the moto gp bike looks because it is thought to be working. It's not pretty is it. We all seem to accept it's a great bike though but needs more work. Personally I think the Panigale looks better but the desmosedici needs that awful rear sorting.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2020, 11:28 AM   #20
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
if the plastic frame is the same plastic as the timing belt pulleys and tensioners used by VW in thier cars then avoid big time ,,,common faliure just outside 3 year warranty ,, with total engine faliure ,, well known in the trade ,,,it fractures and degrades with heat cycles
Old 28-11-2020, 12:17 PM   #21
Kato
Dismantled

Everything I've heard or read so far sounds like a first class disaster .... I hope I'm wrong.....
I am still looking forward to seeing what it looks like more from curiosity than anything else as so long as Audi has anything to do with Ducati I will not be buying one the plastic frame just doubles that resolve

Kato is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2020, 04:09 PM   #22
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
I feel that going plastic is not going green. Metal is greener but obviously wood is greener too but let's not do that.
Well, since there's already a Brough Superior/Aston Martin joint venture, how about a Ducati/Morgan collaboration with a trellis frame fashioned from ash?! Might be tricky to calculate the ideal level of "decoupling of directional stiffness" though...
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2020, 04:52 PM   #23
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
Well, since there's already a Brough Superior/Aston Martin joint venture, how about a Ducati/Morgan collaboration with a trellis frame fashioned from ash?! Might be tricky to calculate the ideal level of "decoupling of directional stiffness" though...
I actually saw that AMB the other night in the motorbike show. It's quite awesome really. Design is pretty scary thing nowadays. I love the Nortons but that's sometime wrong to do so. We also forget how successful Triumph have been but still make a decent classic.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2020, 04:53 PM   #24
Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
It’s the “Conscious Decouplings” you have to watch out for. They get expensive!
Old 28-11-2020, 05:09 PM   #25
slob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
I actually saw that AMB the other night in the motorbike show. It's quite awesome really. Design is pretty scary thing nowadays. I love the Nortons but that's sometime wrong to do so. We also forget how successful Triumph have been but still make a decent classic.
Those new bonnevilles are a really pleasant, relaxed ride.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2020, 05:31 PM   #26
ChrisC2925

Bike: M600
*didn't know what the collective was for lots of Monsters was or even if there is one but 'Sea of Monsters' seems to fit ![/QUOTE]

A collective of mythical beasts (so should fir for monsters) is a bestiary
ChrisC2925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2020, 05:41 PM   #27
slob

I think it’s probably ‘A Thunder’ when talking about bikes
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2020, 07:59 PM   #28
Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by slob View Post
I think it’s probably ‘A Thunder’ when talking about bikes
Or a “Grumble” if talking about the owners!
Old 29-11-2020, 05:57 PM   #29
Saint aka ML
Junior ah to be young

Wait so no V4 Monster? No thank you.

2020 my plan was keep 1200R get SFs V4 on top. Expensive but I love 1200R.

If there was to be replacement for 1200R of a V4 M maybe it would be a swap plus a scrambler hmmm lets wait and see.

"I am Lucazade"
Saint aka ML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2020, 12:09 AM   #30
Tim88

Bike: M1100evo
I think I am with Kato on this. I am not too old to buy another bike or two before the grim reaper shows up but I am not impressed by silly styling/branding exercises like the Diesel and Lambo things. I could pin a BSA badge onto my best Italian suit but it would just make me look like a berk and I think the same goes for bikes. In fact, if its just a badge thing, I would rather have an Indian...flat track style but probably good to tour on.
Tim88 is offline   Reply With Quote