UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Engines, Clutch, Gears » 1998 M900 Problems

Old 28-09-2020, 09:17 PM   #16
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandru View Post

See the front fender how close is to the engine cover...mesured from the center front shaft to the rear of the center shaft and i got 1380mm manual sayes 1430 mms so 50mms difference...front wheel is not origininal except that all parts are factory m900 from 98...
Hey Alex
As we were discussing on Facebook, I hate to say it but it looks like your frame has taken a front end impact. Comparing to my 900, it looks like your headstock has been pushed back, a small bend will make quite a difference to the wheelbase.

Pedro (Pete)
Old 28-09-2020, 09:39 PM   #17
slob

If you look closely you’ll probably find cracks in the paint if the frame’s bent
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2020, 10:25 PM   #18
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
So Alexandru you have a small problem in the running which will probably be not too difficult to sort out, it is just stepping through what the problem might be to find it.
The other problem is the frame; it may not be a great idea to bend it back to shape as the tubes are not very thick and it would need a jig (a frame to hold the frame). Really the sensible option would be to get another frame because the rest of the bike looks in good condition and it is worth rescuing.

What is needed is a list of frames that you can use, which years will work with the bike you have and everyone looking to help find one. Our friends in Belgium and Europe may be able to look as well?
Old 29-09-2020, 01:21 PM   #19
Alexandru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickj View Post
So Alexandru you have a small problem in the running which will probably be not too difficult to sort out, it is just stepping through what the problem might be to find it.
The other problem is the frame; it may not be a great idea to bend it back to shape as the tubes are not very thick and it would need a jig (a frame to hold the frame). Really the sensible option would be to get another frame because the rest of the bike looks in good condition and it is worth rescuing.

What is needed is a list of frames that you can use, which years will work with the bike you have and everyone looking to help find one. Our friends in Belgium and Europe may be able to look as well?
Iv found a 96 M600 carbed frame same color at a decent price 100€ i asked for more photos especially on the neck. I saw some pictures with the bike before it was disasambled and it was oky. I think i can use that frame.
Old 29-09-2020, 01:23 PM   #20
Alexandru

Quote:
Originally Posted by slob View Post
If you look closely you’ll probably find cracks in the paint if the frame’s bent
Did looked closely iv found some cracks in then neck and frame joints especialy on the neck iv come with photos tonight. Thing is that it has rust there in a place that shouldn't
Old 29-09-2020, 01:47 PM   #21
slob

Check your local laws before using 600 frame,
We had a (French) member with 600/900engine conversion, who moved back to France, French authority wouldn’t accept bike was now 900.
Every country’s local laws can be slightly different. It may not be a problem for you since you are not importing the bike.

Last edited by slob; 29-09-2020 at 01:49 PM..
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2020, 06:10 PM   #22
Alexandru

This is the only problem that i see it on the frame.
Regarding my stoping problem culd the voltage regulator cause the problem when its overhiting ?
As long as the frame is used on 600 and 900 bike i see no problem using it but i will ask first ( but i think they dont care...)
Old 30-09-2020, 10:56 AM   #23
jerry
Old Git

Alex,, One thing to check is the fuel filter they get clogged and also can cause poor running ,, usually in EFI models but carb bikes can also suffer
Old 03-10-2020, 04:58 PM   #24
Alexandru

Oky as i told you guys iv decided to take the prick for a spin after i raised the yokes it feels strange and when i trn right it has the thendince to drop in then corner we are talking about low speeds like 30 40 kms . And live on seen how i like to say it is the prick did a surprise and died again on the street iv lifted up the tank and the fuel filter was empty shoking so thats meen that the fuel pump might not work when is heated . Now i'm waiting for the prick to cool down and go home ��
Old 08-10-2020, 11:36 AM   #25
Alexandru

Good news iv found a workshop that can hellp me to straight the frame. Until then the bike is on waiting mode on. First we do the frame problem.