UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » For Sale » Free to a good home!

Old 26-05-2020, 04:00 PM   #1
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Free to a good home!

You've probably noticed that most, if not all, current Ducatis are running smoked fluid reservoirs for brake and clutch. I much prefer the look of these to the old clear versions and switched all three of mine a couple of years back.

The only problem I had was that the original rear brake reservoir had a straight spout while the smoked Brembo version was only available with a 45° spout. While it worked fine, it did kink the hose a bit and pressed up against the bracket. Hardly the end of the world, I know, but it bugged me all the same.

Anyway, the other day I spotted some Chinese Brembo copies on eBay and one of the options they had included a clutch fluid reservoir with straight spout.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Front-Rear-...0/233373767735

Unfortunately, they only sold them as a pair with the front brake reservoir, but they were so cheap, I ordered some anyway.

I've just fitted the rear brake reservoir and it works perfectly - no leaks and no kinked hose

The upshot of this is that I now have a pair of surplus tinted reservoirs - one Brembo clutch reservoir with 45° spout and one Chinese brake reservoir with 90°spout. These are what's on offer...

So, if you fancy freshening up the look of your handlebar controls, PM me your address and I'll post them to you gratis.

Put your original Brembo lid on the brake fluid reservoir and no one will know it's not OE!
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2020, 05:05 PM   #2
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I bought one of these Chinese reservoirs to see what they were like and it melted. Just crap plastic tat.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2020, 09:37 PM   #3
Rrawlings

Still available Vince? I will pay you something for them even if it’s postage. My brake reservoir for the front has only one screw holding the lid on as whoever had the bike previously tightened them to FT then when I did the brakes I ended up stripping the nut and had a nightmare. Being a Yorkshire man I nearly died when Ducati Leeds quoted me on a replacement so left it as is with one screw
Rrawlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2020, 09:55 PM   #4
Luddite

Yours with pleasure, Ryan. Just PM me your address again and I'll pop them in the post tomorrow. (Don't worry about postage.)
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote