UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » howdie from canada

Old 11-11-2014, 07:57 PM   #1
convict

howdie from canada

Halifax Nova Scotia to be exact
soon to be 50 years old , been riding for most my life . one major motorcycle accident . shattered my shoulder. woohoo. a few others but who hasnt. married. 3 cats.

drive a VW wabbit and my other bike is a 2001 triumph bonneville. My main ride is a s2r 800. with termis, cat removed, open airbox and pcIII.

my avatar is the logo of our club. one of two offical ducati clubs in canada. we meet every week during the summer for coffee and ride every second weekend. winter not soo much. (once I figure out how to upload)

I ride until dec15 and usually back to it march 15. The triumph is my bike slab of butter for when I want to see something other than the white line and the side of the road. cant say I see much of anything beside whats in front of me on my ducati. I switch up for commuting depending on the weather, the triumph is my wet bike.

thanks for letting come aboard.

Last edited by convict; 11-11-2014 at 08:52 PM..
Old 11-11-2014, 09:08 PM   #2
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
hello and welcome...

I'm guessing you mean

slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 09:13 PM   #3
MrsC_772
Silver Member

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Hi and welcome Convict.

I can't believe the climate in Nova Scotia is more clement in winter than over here in the UK, so if you carry on riding into December, you're doing a lot better than a few of our fair weather members in UKMOC. (I commute on my Monster, but wuss out and take the car if it's snowy or icy).
MrsC_772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 09:53 PM   #4
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Hi convict, married 3 cats, well brave man ! Me I gave up after the one but chasing a real cutie at the mo that is much less scratchy.
MrsC the climate there is maybe more like Scotland, can be colder but on the whole not too bad. Then I've been out in -12C (10F) down on the south coast.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:30 PM   #5
convict

thanks for the welcome.
Yes NS is a great place to ride. unlike the west coast its mostly dry, the winter is short and the summers are moderate. we have a long spring and a long fall, and in the heat of the summer you might see a rider in t-shirts and flipflops but I assure they are wishing they had a jacket.
I am not married to 3 cats. just one wife who lets me have 2 bikes which is cool but does not understand the need for a 3rd. bet the cats would.
Old 12-11-2014, 12:11 PM   #6
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Hello and welcome

I am also not married to 3 cats. Aside from the legal issues I'm very much a dog person anyway.

As far as I'm concerned half the 'summer' over here is too inclement for riding

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:32 PM   #7
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Cats need a good quality of life and I'm sure they really need a bike each, don't want them squabbling about who gets to ride each one!!
Old 13-11-2014, 09:39 AM   #8
Dookbob

Welcome to UKMOC convict, brings back memories for me, spent some time in 1958 on the submarine base in Halifax NS. I was told by a Canadian guy not to judge Canada by what I saw in Halifax.
Old 15-11-2014, 10:15 PM   #9
cactus

Bike: M900ie
Hi there and welcome along, anyone from new Scotland is very welcome in my book.