UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hello and 600/750?

Old 20-07-2013, 11:31 AM   #46
Nwsparky

Quick shot
Old 20-07-2013, 12:04 PM   #47
Dirty

Oh very nice! You'll be fine as long as you don't mention you bought the fastest colour
Old 20-07-2013, 12:19 PM   #48
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Congratulations and welcome Nwsparky....I hope you will be very happy together.
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2013, 01:43 PM   #49
Nwsparky

Thanks, well keep the fastest colour between us!
Got to wait till next Friday! Time to find a nice lid!
Old 20-07-2013, 04:05 PM   #50
tricky73

Nice one hope you enjoy your ride
Old 20-07-2013, 05:29 PM   #51
Nwsparky

6 sleeps to go! Courier booked, leathers bought, boots bought, body armour being watched on eBay....
Not excited atall!....honest....
Old 20-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #52
Fatal

Nice, by far the best colour

Alan H
Old 21-07-2013, 02:24 PM   #53
Geoff Ives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
Oh very nice! You'll be fine as long as you don't mention you bought the fastest colour
Isn't Yellow the colour that they reccommend for learners and inexperienced riders?...
Old 21-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #54
Fatal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Ives View Post
Isn't Yellow the colour that they reccommend for learners and inexperienced riders?...
Sounds about right
Old 21-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #55
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
That looks really nice.
Nice cans, two discs at the front, the lighter 3-spoke wheels, later type clutch with external master cyl, rev counter, the right bellypan, nice frame colour, carbon front mudguard, belt covers with inspection windows, screen, and no carbs to ice up in the autumn damp.
Job's a good-un, I'd say.
Could perhaps do with a smaller plate. ..I found that you can trim the borders of a std plate within a few mm of the letters and get the size pretty much down to 8x6, without it looking at all likely to get you pulled. (see rear pic of my bike arriving at the Buell day at East Kirkby yesterday).
Maybe bar end mirrors too ...I found that 75mm round ones actually give a better view than the std mickey mouse mirrors. ...and really cheap, but very decent Chinese ones can be had on ebay these days (though black anodising may fade due to low quality dyes, so I'd go for titanium grey or silver).
....a couple of easy mods for you to pamper your new monster with.

As for colour, I couldn't decide whether yellow or red was the fastest, so my bike is orange.
Mind you, I have a sneaky suspicion that the fastest colour is actually black !!
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2013, 04:50 PM   #56
Nwsparky

Thanks sorry I don't have better pics yet!
Owner tells me that if doesn't run with thd side stand down as a safety feature? Is this true? Can you not let it run to warm on the side stand then? I'd have thought it would just cut out in 1st?
Old 21-07-2013, 04:57 PM   #57
stormlet

No, it won't start with the side stand down as I found out a couple of weeks ago when I bought my 750 - we are thinking of bypassing this particular feature as it is a bit of a pain - I assume that most folk end up doing it!
Old 21-07-2013, 05:00 PM   #58
Nwsparky

Yes bit of a faf that, could be 1st mod!
Old 21-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #59
utopia
No turn left unstoned

Bike: M750
I disconnected/bypassed my sidestand switch a couple of years ago, and intended to buy one of the conversion kits (TPO ?) that link it to the neutral switch, so you can start the engine with the sidestand down, but only if its not in gear.
I never got round to it though and, like an idiot, a couple of months ago I ended up thumbing the starter while standing next to the bike, while it was in gear.
The bike jumped off the sidestand, fell sideways on a lamppost before I could catch it, and dented the tank.
So I wouldn't recommend just bypassing the cutout and relying on memory.
I now have a homemade mod which involves just 12 ins of wire, a bullet connector if you're being fussy, and a diode, which does the job.
I only did it a short while ago though, and since then I've had an electrical glitch which melted the alternator/reg.rec connector block. Its almost guaranteed that this is completely unrelated to the diode mod, but I'll give it a few weeks running with the glitch repaired (alternator is now hard-wired to the reg/rec ) before I post details, as electrics isn't my hot subject and I would hate to risk causing your electrics to melt too, despite that being unlikely.
The mod is dead easy to do though, and super neat as well as cheap.
Mind you, my monster is a carby, so I've got no expensive electronics to risk by an amateur mod like this. Again, I think that's unlikely, but I'm not really qualified to state that for certain.
Anyway, I'll post it up in a few weeks, once its been fully road tested.
utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2013, 02:04 PM   #60
bluestoesonnose

Just a thought if you're short in the leg just get the saddle cut, had 20mm taken out of the M750 saddle and the 5'3" GF (short legged) can touch the floor no issues. Haven't bothered with anything else as I didn't want to upset the handling.

I've got a lowered saddle (20mm again) for the S4R and she can get the balls of both feet down. I will drop the forks and put a shorter link in it once she takes it on full time.