UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Help, new 696??

Old 06-03-2009, 05:44 PM   #61
OplayneO

Unhappy

a quick new boy question!!!

i didnt really know what a scotoiler was until recently, is it recommended having one fitted? are there different types? as lisyloo said she went for a touring one? cheers
Old 07-03-2009, 06:29 AM   #62
lisyloo

Opinion is split on the matter.
Some people think you should get up close and personal and sort out the bike yourself on a regular basis.
Others think scottoilers are great.

I'm not mechanically inclined and I'm quite busy so I think it's worth it for me.

The touring one has a reservoir behind the number plate.
I think you get to put 400ml instead of 50ml, so it means you don't even have to refill it very often.

Mine was very difficult to fit apparent on the 696.

You might want to search other sites for opinions e.g. Ducatisti forum.

In the general community people seem to be pro, but in the Ducati community opinion is more split. I think that's because memeber of the Ducati community seem to be inclined towards mechanical tinkering.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:24 AM   #63
OplayneO

thanks for that, i thought the opinion would be split. i will look into it but i do like tinkering a little. :-)
Old 07-03-2009, 04:29 PM   #64
jimbo696

Oilers a re very good if you are commuting or touring.... But checking the chain and sprockets regularly can get forgotten if you have an oiler... I prefer to lube mine every other ride...and then check the chain and tension etc...