UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Help, new 696??

Old 05-02-2009, 01:10 PM   #46
lisyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo696 View Post
If it is carbon or s/s exh then it is not strictly speaking road 'legal' even with the baffles in; they are stamped race use only.. The only one that is legal is the Titanium one..
Hmm................that was a bit misleading from Snells then.

Riders told me the termis were ok on the road for 3 years until the MOT came up.
I had to really press them to get a straight answer to the legality question.

I realise that 99% of people are not bothered at all, but it should be possible to get a yes/no answer to a straight question.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:19 PM   #47
lisyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by walpole68 View Post
Just remember guys NOW ! is the time for a deal,new prices are due to go up any time and the nearer we get to the 1st of march and better weather they wont need to do a deal.They will sell them selves.
Thanks for the warning.
I did notice that Vauxhall and Ford(?) had put up their prices and due to the weakness of sterling, it would not suprise me at all to see the prices of some imported goods rising.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:28 PM   #48
jimbo696

When it comes time for an MOT you can put a sticker over the 'race use only' area and the MOT tester is not allowed to remove the sticker, so they won't fail. Might be an idea to stick the baffles in just fro the MOT..
I think if a cop wanted to he could give you a 'producer' and make you change the cans, not sure on this though...

Re pricing, most of the Euro based mftrs are adjusting their prices....
Old 05-02-2009, 01:45 PM   #49
lisyloo

I don't care about the MOT as it's quite clear the dealers will pass it.
I just wanted to know if it was legal.

I understand I'm in a tiny minority in being bothered about the legality, but I think the dealers ought to be straight when asked a straight question.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:47 PM   #50
jimbo696

I agree; it would bother me if I got stopped and made to take the Termis off!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2009, 09:13 PM   #51
brent elliott

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisyloo View Post
Thanks for the warning.
I did notice that Vauxhall and Ford(?) had put up their prices and due to the weakness of sterling, it would not suprise me at all to see the prices of some imported goods rising.
I spoke to a one dealer about this who told me they had ordered enough bikes for this year, prior to sterling tumbling against the euro, and therefore they did not see prices going up any time soon. UK interest rates can't get much lower and the eurozone is looking increasingly weak - I can't see the euro staying this strong for too much longer.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:23 PM   #52
lisyloo

Just to update this (and in case anyone else is looking for the same).

I placed my order with Ducati Coventry/JH Performance.

The reasons were

Excellent price with no messing around
Excellent reputation on forums
Will deliver bike
Will collect and deliver to my area for servicing

They were rewarded with a very quick deal.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:29 PM   #53
walpole68

Thats excellent,another one of us doing our best to help the economy !
Old 07-02-2009, 05:01 PM   #54
jimbo696

liisy, congrats, when do you get it??
Old 11-02-2009, 01:34 PM   #55
lisyloo

Thanks for the interest jimbo.
I'm not sure yet of delivery date yet but it should be around about the 2 week timescale.
I forgot to mention that they are also fitting a few bits and pieces for me for free.
It's only crash bings and a scottoiler but Riders wanted to charge me full price for a couple of hours labour (I did give the salesman my feedback).
So far I'm delighted with JH Performance.
At the moment it's treacherous in my area so it's not exactly pressing.
I was just keen to nail the deal before spring because as someone else mentioned the time for a deal is NOW.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:00 PM   #56
Lucati

Congrats lisyloo! Great choice of bike!

Now I have a quiz for fellow 696 termi owners..... I've got them on mine, the dealer said they were road legal with baffles in and I can't find any stamp or embossing on them saying 'race use only' or anything like that?! I don't doubt they may be a little dodgy (especially as I have drilled my baffles!).
Also I told my insurer (ducati insurance that the bike was fitted with carbon termis and insurance was fine with that)

I'm a bit confused.com!
Old 11-02-2009, 02:32 PM   #57
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
The only 696 termi's that are road legal are the most expensive Ti ones - the carbon & stainless ones are not, both have 'race use only' (or similar) wording on the band at the start of the can (close to the pipe end, not the outlet end).
The wording can be found on the band tho this is turned to the underneath of the bike/inside edge of each can - but if you bend & look - you can read the wording on the opposite side can.
The s/s & carbon ones are still not road legal with baffles inserted - check out the accessories booklet too for more confirmation.

There are those who may have removed this from the banding......... they are also the ones who are likely to have db killers drilled - or amazingly in their pocket/backpack etc too..........
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:47 PM   #58
Lucati

Oops, they fell out officer! And isn't it amazing how they have rusted with perfect 10mm holes all the way along them!?!?
Old 06-03-2009, 11:08 AM   #59
lisyloo

Well jsut an update.
Bike came on Wednesday, went out for a short spin but not long as I was meant to be working - roll on the weekend

I am very impressed with Coventry.
The scotoiler is very tidy (they charged me £60 for a touring scotoiler whereas Riders wanted £120).
They also fitted a cable for my optimate and I didn't ask for that.
How many times these days does a company do something useful for free without being asked?

I asked what it would cost to get it transported for servicing and they said nothing if they were picking up other bikes at the same time.

So all in all I'm pretty impressed.

Can't wait for the weekend now
Old 06-03-2009, 11:38 AM   #60
walpole68

Another Monster in the Wilts area,there are a few of us now,look out for forresterone on his white 696 as he is near you.Enjoy the weekend.