UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Help, new 696??

Old 01-02-2009, 07:50 PM   #31
OplayneO

sure will, will give you shout when i'm all up and running!
Old 02-02-2009, 09:34 AM   #32
lisyloo

What do you guys think of this one?

Hello - I'm also looking for a 696 (RED) and this one looks pretty good to me.
What do you more experienced folks think?

2008 DUCATI MONSTER 696 696cc

Price:
£4,250

Features:

* 1,000 miles
* Red
* 696 cc

Full Description:

Glossary of Terms

Manual 6 speed, 1,000 miles, Red. Full Service History, Immobiliser. £4,250
Trade Seller:
Contact Seller:

London Superbikes
Old 02-02-2009, 09:36 AM   #33
walpole68

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisyloo View Post
Hello - I'm also looking for a 696 (RED) and this one looks pretty good to me.
What do you more experienced folks think?

2008 DUCATI MONSTER 696 696cc

Price:
£4,250

Features:

* 1,000 miles
* Red
* 696 cc

Full Description:

Glossary of Terms

Manual 6 speed, 1,000 miles, Red. Full Service History, Immobiliser. £4,250
Trade Seller:
Contact Seller:

London Superbikes

Buy it ! its cheap.I got that in part exchange so thats trade money.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:44 AM   #34
jimbo696

A very good deal, almost too cheap!! I wish I had seen it before I bought mine..... London Superbikes are a main dealer as well...
Does it have the seat cowl and bikini fairing?
I paid a little over 5k for my 696+ with c/f Termis and extra carbon bits, DP tank protector and LED indicators...
Put your money down ASAP!!!!
Old 02-02-2009, 10:09 AM   #35
lisyloo

Gone, already but thanks anyway guys.
They offered £500 off the new price, but won't part-ex my GPZ.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:44 AM   #36
lisyloo

current 696 prices

Just is case anyone else is looking for a new one, here's the prices I'm getting (all OTR)

Riders £5871
Snells £5871
Motorapido £5750
London super bikes £5250

BTW - I can confirm that I do not work for London super bikes (I know you have to be careful on forums). I'm just shopping around for a new 696.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:57 AM   #37
walpole68

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisyloo View Post
Just is case anyone else is looking for a new one, here's the prices I'm getting (all OTR)

Riders £5871
Snells £5871
Motorapido £5750
London super bikes £5250

BTW - I can confirm that I do not work for London super bikes (I know you have to be careful on forums). I'm just shopping around for a new 696.

Who do you want to buy from ? Take your quotes into the dealer you feel most comfortable with and say i want to buy a bike today these are the quotes i have,if you can match or get close i would prefer to deal with you,most dealers will quote list over the phone incase its a Ducati mystery shop phone call.Person to person best and be ready to place your deposit.Happy shopping.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:51 AM   #38
ngraham28

Hiya
Me too - I am after a 696+ in red as my first bike and would appreciate your thoughts and benefit expereince please, guys. Question is, what should I feel comfortable asking for being included - I would prefer adjsutable levers, the tail tidy, and carbon exhaust dressing which retails in total at £250. I'd also really love some different exhausts for purely aesthetic reasons. What would be a fair compromise to ask for? Also any feedback on my 2 local dealers P&H in Crawley and CMW in Chichester would be gratefully received. Has any one had any positive or negative experiences with either of these companies?

Thanks for your help

ngraham28
Old 05-02-2009, 11:01 AM   #39
jimbo696

I don't have any negative/positives to say about them.
I think you are unlikely to get everything you want thrown in.... The tail tidy is about 120, the levers would be at least 100+, not sure what carbon you mean by carbon exhaust dressing.. All of the carbon zorst shields are very expensive.!! Not sure where you get the 250 quid figure from?
If you went to London Superbikes, you could buy the bits you want and it would be less than the other dealers OTR prices!!!
Old 05-02-2009, 11:26 AM   #40
ngraham28

Thanks, Jim

I'm pretty sure I wont get everything too (I wish!!!), just wondering - having never bought from a delaer before - what a reasonable level to ask to be included is. I'll have a look at LSB website so thanks for the tip!
Old 05-02-2009, 12:42 PM   #41
lisyloo

I got the LSB price over the phone, I don't think it's on their website.

If you want a termignoni exhaust then the demonstrators are being sold with those.
They have one in riders in Bristol which I think they are planning to sell for the normal price but you get the exhausts.
I think that snells of alton also have a demo that's year old that's about £5K with the exhausts as well.

Bear in mind that if you get one that's a year old then you'll only have 1 year remaining warranty and not 2.
Also the exhausts are not road legal (Snells told me they were legal with the baffles in).
These might not be an issue for you but just thought I'd point it out.

If you want the exhausts then I'd be looking at a demo model.
I'm not so I'm looking for a new one.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:54 PM   #42
walpole68

Just remember guys NOW ! is the time for a deal,new prices are due to go up any time and the nearer we get to the 1st of march and better weather they wont need to do a deal.They will sell them selves.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:57 PM   #43
jimbo696

I bought a demo one with carbon Termis and carbon shields everywhere..... and LED indicators and paid about 5200.... It was 7 months old and had 1500 on the clock...
I would never buy a new bike because I change them at least once a year!!!!
If it is carbon or s/s exh then it is not strictly speaking road 'legal' even with the baffles in; they are stamped race use only.. The only one that is legal is the Titanium one..
Old 05-02-2009, 01:04 PM   #44
walpole68

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo696 View Post
If it is carbon or s/s exh then it is not strictly speaking road 'legal' even with the baffles in; they are stamped race use only.. The only one that is legal is the Titanium one..
Good product knowledge Jim
Old 05-02-2009, 01:09 PM   #45
jimbo696

I can't think where I learned that... some very well informed chap I am sure....