UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » threadiquette!

Old 08-08-2008, 07:20 PM   #46
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapps View Post
Ha Ha love the way this thread is going...and black monsters are the fastest.

runing away fast.......
Rubbish! Everyone knows 3 wheeled ones are faster

err....unless you hit traffic
Old 08-08-2008, 07:21 PM   #47
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbaldry View Post
So do I C, so do I!
so they can go faster!

anyway, everyone knows that single siders are old hat these days..........
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 07:33 PM   #48
Blah blah
Upsetting normal people..

Bike: S2r
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary tompkins View Post
Rubbish! Everyone knows 3 wheeled ones are faster

err....unless you hit traffic
I try not to hit traffic, cos it hurts
Blah blah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:16 PM   #49
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Sheesh Neil its obvious!!!

The imbalance means they are better at going into corners, BUT only left or right depending on which side you have the sad and lonely single arm on.
So if its an airfield perimeter track no prob, just fit the arm on the outside og the track and yer good to go.
Problem comes when you get tracks with corners in both directions, which side do you choose to favour??? Easiest not to decide and use a real swinging arm.

Also its about mechanics... IF one big thing was better then you'd have one big thick rib in a planes wing, and what do they use??? Lots of them see more conclusive evidence that two is better than one especially where cream buns are concerned
Old 08-08-2008, 09:19 PM   #50
Capo
You Are What You Is

Bike: S4r
I would be interested to hear Didge's opinion on this topic
Capo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:23 PM   #51
Nickj

I am confident that Didge would have an opinion, and further I would defend his right to that opinion to the last jelly baby
Old 09-08-2008, 09:47 AM   #52
mediumdave

so, we're all agreed then - red bikes (corse stripe optional - since it has 'neutral contribution to performance and we're not discussing style here), with proper (i.e. twin arm) swingers, and no silly radiator things, are scientifically proven to be the bestest...

that'll be my bike then (by pure coincidence of course) - and a squirty cream flan in the face of any dissenters so there...

speaking of which, anyone got any cream cakes they don't need I'm quite peckish this morning?

dave
Old 09-08-2008, 11:48 AM   #53
Mand

Excuse me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediumdave View Post
speaking of which, anyone got any cream cakes they don't need I'm quite peckish this morning?

dave
are you having a laugh? Whilst I'm on this forum, there will NEVER be any spare cakes going!!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 12:11 PM   #54
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediumdave View Post
so, we're all agreed then - red bikes (corse stripe optional - since it has 'neutral contribution to performance and we're not discussing style here), with proper (i.e. twin arm) swingers, and no silly radiator things, are scientifically proven to be the bestest...

that'll be my bike then (by pure coincidence of course) - and a squirty cream flan in the face of any dissenters so there...

dave
totally agreed, and they must have approved tyres on too (not just ones you read the hype about), filled with helium of course

Donut anyone?
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 01:12 PM   #55
neilbaldry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK & AK View Post
totally agreed, and they must have approved tyres on too (not just ones you read the hype about), filled with helium of course

Donut anyone?
Just like your arguement, donuts have big holes in!

SR monsters are the best!
Old 09-08-2008, 04:28 PM   #56
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Sr swingarms are beefier than dual and also more heavier so therefore more stable.
The side exhausts also balance the bike up to counterrset the monocoque. This erradicates the vertical downforces on the midsection over the cross spars leverage. This maintains that the equal forces on the horizontal can side plane thus not allowing the inert comendiums to exchange excess heat through the main chamber keeping the rear light from vibrating loose.

So whos wrong then.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:35 PM   #57
neilbaldry

Ha! Albies beaten you with science! (And big words)
Old 09-08-2008, 06:58 PM   #58
Blah blah
Upsetting normal people..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Sr swingarms are beefier than dual and also more heavier so therefore more stable.
The side exhausts also balance the bike up to counterrset the monocoque. This erradicates the vertical downforces on the midsection over the cross spars leverage. This maintains that the equal forces on the horizontal can side plane thus not allowing the inert comendiums to exchange excess heat through the main chamber keeping the rear light from vibrating loose.

So whos wrong then.
But surely as soon as you replace the standard Ducati 4 cans weighing approximately 400 lb with Termis, that all goes out the window.

Therefore, taking your thoughts into consideration, surely S*R's with Termis are all wrong ?? And it's be made even worse when you nail a honking great lump filled with water on the front...

So you're wrong, ner ner ne ner ner...
Blah blah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:59 PM   #59
Nickj

And of course two exhausts adding thrust on one side AND EVEN WORSE the opposite side to the sadly deficient swinging arm can only cause a greater falling over effect.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:03 PM   #60
Nickj

Yep Blah nailing a flat plate to the front reduces the arerodynamics to those only beaten by a large building block.
I'm surprised that Silver monsters with termis and radiators are in any danger from exceeding any speed limits, assuming that is they haven't fallen over as soon as they start moving.