UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hi all.Still waiting

Old 24-06-2008, 04:57 PM   #46
Lucati

I ordered them for my 696 which I'm still waiting for! I'm next on the list so anytime now.

They were £700 extra and I just fancied them cos they sound even more brill than the already brill standard pipes.

Amazing how passionate people can get over exhaust pipes!!!
Old 24-06-2008, 05:20 PM   #47
Snips

I'd love Termi's for my 696, but can't justify the expense. £700 is a lot of money.
Old 24-06-2008, 07:34 PM   #48
cairojay

Having bought a 695 in November last year then traded it in for an S4RS Tricolore in March I fitted full race termis and ecu's on both and I dont think there is any other way to go! With the standard cans the 695 sounded rattly and naf but with the termis it released the beast and gave the bike a real bite. As for my S4RS, there is no argument - on the dyno with standard cans it barely reached 128 Bhp, after fitting full termis and ecu, getting rid of the the fat cat underneath, I got 143 on the dyno and the sound of roaring angels -I would mortgage my house and lose the family hierlooms, you have to fit termis, there is simply no other option....I am considering rehab.
Old 24-06-2008, 09:30 PM   #49
PeterPoddy

Heheheee....

I love winding people up about this. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.
It's very tongue-in-cheek and you should have got that with all the smileys I put in the post.
Chill out, dudes...!
TBH I'd love some Termis really..... I AM vain, I admit it!

Just remember this next time you get pulled by the cops, eh? And when you see/hear someone moaning about "nuscience bikers" or when you're grovelling round on the floor putting your standard cans on the night before your MoT!
;o)
(See another smiley!)

On a more serious note, MoT stations are clamping down on cans.
I had a road legal race can (Blue Flame Evo) on my previous bike, a 2001 Speed Triple. They passed it on the MoT 3 years running then this Spring the very same tester (same signature on the paperwork, I checked) failed it for the noise.
I was mightily pissed off, as you can imagine, as it was stamped and properly legal with the baffles in.
The explanation was that it's all down to "testers discression". Basically he got out of the wrong side of the bed that morning, I reckon. I had to go home and refit my standard can, skinning my knuckles in the process, and when I returned I watched them closely and they never even looked at the bike again, never mind test it!
Yeah, maybe I just got a tosser for my test, and I honestly hope it doesn't happen to you. Just be warned, that's all I'm saying....
Old 24-06-2008, 09:39 PM   #50
Snips

Quote:
Originally Posted by cairojay View Post
Having bought a 695 in November last year then traded it in for an S4RS Tricolore in March I fitted full race termis and ecu's on both and I dont think there is any other way to go! With the standard cans the 695 sounded rattly and naf but with the termis it released the beast and gave the bike a real bite. As for my S4RS, there is no argument - on the dyno with standard cans it barely reached 128 Bhp, after fitting full termis and ecu, getting rid of the the fat cat underneath, I got 143 on the dyno and the sound of roaring angels -I would mortgage my house and lose the family hierlooms, you have to fit termis, there is simply no other option....I am considering rehab.
More posts like this, and less like mine own earlier post, please
Old 07-07-2008, 08:08 PM   #51
MrsJel

OK OK - bursting to tell now. Seems my 696 left Italy TODAY!!! Hope its not going the long way round.

Carole
Old 07-07-2008, 08:22 PM   #52
walpole68

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJel View Post
OK OK - bursting to tell now. Seems my 696 left Italy TODAY!!! Hope its not going the long way round.

Carole
Thats excellent news,hopefully about 10 working days then,perfect timing for all this rain to go away and let the sun shine.
Old 16-07-2008, 07:32 PM   #53
MrsJel

I'll be picking up a shiny new 696 on Saturday. Will be having a busy few days then because its first service is booked for Thursday.

Am now between bikes because the S2R has gone to its new home

Carole

PS: Pedro - could you add Pearl White to the choice of bike colours please.
Old 16-07-2008, 10:17 PM   #54
Lucati

picking mine up saturday too. The white 696 boat must have docked last week! Tail kit and termi's still missing in action and will probably get fitted with the first service. Sold my 695 at the weekend so am having to suffer the train for a week..... 2 more days and counting!
Old 17-07-2008, 10:19 AM   #55
MrsJel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucati View Post
picking mine up saturday too. The white 696 boat must have docked last week!
I think it did - there were 4 white 696's at jhp on tuesday - one of them is going home with me on Saturday.

You've been waiting alot longer than me - hope all goes well.

Carole
Old 17-07-2008, 05:01 PM   #56
PeterPoddy

Glad to see they are coming through for you guys. I know what the waiting feels like, but it's worth it....!

Old 23-07-2008, 09:00 PM   #57
Arbeia

I bought a red 1 and waited about 3months for it,i ordered the white colour change also which i am still waiting to arrive. But i cancelled it finding out it was £700 WTF!
So all together for the termis, 14tooth sprocket,Tail chop and the colour change was gonna come to £7250 with 10% discount.

Cobb&Jagger Ducati Leeds.

And as for the cops i`m sure if they pulled you and they were bikers they`d probably give the cans a good comment while writing your speeding ticket lol

Last edited by Arbeia; 23-07-2008 at 09:27 PM..