UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hi all.Still waiting

Old 03-06-2008, 03:10 PM   #16
ashadam

Try Richard Morgan at cmw motorcycles
Old 04-06-2008, 08:19 PM   #17
MrsJel

I ordered mine in April - promised June delivery. Nothing known yet - trouble is if it arrives at the wrong time, might not be able to take delivery of it as no doubt it will then clash with bike trips planned and won't be able to get first service in time. Shame really - the longer it takes for the 696, the higher the mileage on the s2r (currently 15k, likely to be nearer 20k by mid-august).
Carole
Old 05-06-2008, 07:50 AM   #18
walpole68

left a message with my dealer on Monday,as usual for them they have not got back to me.Im so dissapointed with the buying experience to date im thinking of cancelling just so i dont give my dealer any more money.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:11 PM   #19
forresterone

696+ Waiting times

I must of been a very lucky man.....right place right time and alot that, popped into riders of bristol to see if they had a 696 in, they did, i liked what i saw, test rode it on tuesday 27/5, liked it some more...quizzed dealer over lead times, told black not available till september...he sold his last red one...but he had a pearl white one which had turned up instead of a red one, liked it loads....deal done deposit paid.....pick up tomorrow...result...couldnt believe my luck
Old 05-06-2008, 07:10 PM   #20
walpole68

Quote:
Originally Posted by forresterone View Post
I must of been a very lucky man.....right place right time and alot that, popped into riders of bristol to see if they had a 696 in, they did, i liked what i saw, test rode it on tuesday 27/5, liked it some more...quizzed dealer over lead times, told black not available till september...he sold his last red one...but he had a pearl white one which had turned up instead of a red one, liked it loads....deal done deposit paid.....pick up tomorrow...result...couldnt believe my luck
You very luck person,i popped over to dealers today,fax shows May build but also confirms not built yet as no frame number.they say they cant advise on delivery until they have the frame number.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:52 PM   #21
forresterone

hi walpole...any news on your bike yet????

cheers jeff
Old 12-06-2008, 06:12 PM   #22
walpole68

Hi Jeff. Hows your bike going,run in yet ? Still nothing.I really wouldnt mind if they said ok its on its way will be here in 3 weeks,but nothing other than it should have been built in May,i really have no idea and they dont seem bothered by it either,ive only been bikeless for a week and its driving me mad.I hope i get some news soon.
John
Old 12-06-2008, 06:38 PM   #23
forresterone

Im almost half way through the first 600, not to bad i guess since i only picked it up at 6 on Friday, had a good couple rides out othwer the weekend, made the most of the good weather.

hopefully you'll receive some good news about your bike, sooner rather than later...
cheers jeff
Old 13-06-2008, 02:24 PM   #24
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
if u order a new Triumph Street Triple 675 today delivery will be October / November according my friends at Triumph.
Old 13-06-2008, 02:29 PM   #25
sadbiker

I heard that its getting a little better with the triple as a few people have given up and bought a bike they can ride this summer. This has allowed a couple to get thiers ealier.
Old 13-06-2008, 02:46 PM   #26
walpole68

Well will give one more week to hear some positive news then im buying some thing else.I dont mind waiting but not impressed with the service,was told by ordering end of Jan i would have my bike by end of May,truth is they have no idea when its coming.My old bike has gone and i want to go out and enjoy what little summer we have,well still hoping i will be a member here for alot longer than a week.
John
Old 16-06-2008, 10:50 AM   #27
Josh

696 late arrival

Just joined and read the merry band of " getting fed up with waiting for new 696" brigade. I ordered mine from Ducati Manchester in mid March being the first time I was able to have a look at one (they had a white one in store just for a weekend). didn't quibble on the price put down a deposit and was told it would be end of May early June at the latest. Chose red one because I was told they would come through first.

After various empty suggestions of delivery over the last few weeks I sent an e-mail to Ducati UK who said they couldn't comment on individual owner orders but did indicate my dealer was due to get a small number of bikes this month and then went on to wax lyrically about "just wait until you enjoy the Passion" (no comment). Rang the dealer again a short while afterwards who said they had just had a meeting with the importer (they are also obviously getting a bit fed up) and now it seems they have changed the delivery. They seem to have put everybody's order and date of order into a national system and the bikes will be sent out and allocated accordingly.

If I was buying a new Audi the dealer would be ringing me just to tell me each time they fitted a new part to the car and precisely to the second when it would be delivered. I know this is different and happy to accept some of the idiosyncrasies of buying a Ducati - that is just the reason I am doing.

Interested to hear someone was thinking of maybe changing to a Duke. I was as well. Perhaps persuade my missus to get one so I can play on both...

I'll keep posting any news about the delivery.

Josh
Old 16-06-2008, 10:59 AM   #28
walpole68

If I was buying a new Audi the dealer would be ringing me just to tell me each time they fitted a new part to the car and precisely to the second when it would be delivered. I know this is different and happy to accept some of the idiosyncrasies of buying a Ducati - that is just the reason I am doing.

Interested to hear someone was thinking of maybe changing to a Duke. I was as well. Perhaps persuade my missus to get one so I can play on both...

I'll keep posting any news about the delivery.

Josh[/QUOTE]

Thats really strange,i work for Audi and know the level of service i have to give,which is a million years away from any Bike dealer.Even after my contact once again with my dealer on Sat they still havent got back to me,i have a KTM Duke on standby which i could be riding by the weekend,i want my Monster but not happy to put up with the rubbish service just to get one.Still hopefull. Joh
Old 16-06-2008, 11:47 AM   #29
MrsJel

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry View Post
if u order a new Triumph Street Triple 675 today delivery will be October / November according my friends at Triumph.
I was told the same on Saturday. What's really p***ed me off is that hubby went in to triumph to see what the lead time is on the tiger cos he's thinking of getting one later in the year - they had one in the back, 1.5k off the usual price, would he like it next week? - so we're going back next week to fetch it.

Meanwhile, I'm with the rest of you getting impatient waiting for that little white bike

Carole
Old 16-06-2008, 01:56 PM   #30
PeterPoddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
Moto Rapido in Winchester have a demo
Yes! They had it for sale 2 weeks ago because I nearly bought it!

I ordered my red 696+ from Snells in Alton in early April and was told mid-end May delivery. At the end of May I was told mid-end June..... No exact date....

So on 29th May I emailed EVERY dealer in the south within 100 miles or so and found that Winchester one and a newly cancelled order at CMW in Chichester. I cancelled my order at Snells and bought the CMW one the next day, about 2 hours after recieving a reply from them! I was on holiday the day after and returned yesterday and picked my bike up this morning and rode her 125 miles to work!

TBH I really didn't want to cancel my order at Snells because they seem good guys, and if they had been able to give me a firm date I may not have cancelled. But with no firm date I really had no choice......

Worth waiting for though. Don't bother with the KTM, Walpole!

Last edited by PeterPoddy; 16-06-2008 at 02:00 PM..