UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Finally, the wait is over..

Old 13-02-2007, 09:32 AM   #31
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
I hadn't even thought about how it would change the action of the bike, I was just thinking sound ! Where did you find the cans just on the company's site or through you garage ? And how much can I ask ?

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 09:41 AM   #32
mogmachine

I knew they cost around £1400 with the ECU kit, ...but i was lucky that Aylesbury had a pair lying around they did me for £600, ..don't ask me how why what, ..i just know i a) was in the right place at the right time, and b) must have spent enough that they thought i deserved it.

...if it is just noise you are after loosen all of your bolts and wedge a coke can in your exhaust
Old 13-02-2007, 09:55 PM   #33
Paivi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogmachine View Post
Termigoni's, high, ....they not only sound amazing, but with the new ECU they get rid of any of the uncertainty the 695 has when you roll the power on and off in first and sometimes second, ...and open first up to a gear you actually enjoy using rather than something you just want to get the hell out of.
Uncertainty? Can't say I've noticed any uncertainty with my 695.

As for the termis, good thing you didn't pay the £1,400 as their retail price is £495, according to Ducati UK.
Old 13-02-2007, 10:01 PM   #34
dameiw

Talking Hi

Hi and Welcome
Old 14-02-2007, 08:25 AM   #35
mogmachine

£495 ?? ..with the Marelli ECU and high efficiency air filter, ...me thinks not, ..but if you can get it for that then go for your life mate.

..as for uncertainty, ...jump, ..jerk ,..whatever you want to call it ....made that little bit worse by central london speed bumps.
Old 14-02-2007, 08:34 AM   #36
sadbiker

£1400 pounds........sounds very excessive to me, Did you look around and check prices first ?

are they really termis? the ones for the 620 were Remus and still going strong after 4 years. These in 02 retailed for about 600.
Old 14-02-2007, 08:51 AM   #37
Scotty

umm i payed £1350 for mine but it was worth it , i think :?
Old 14-02-2007, 09:11 AM   #38
mogmachine

I think i will bow out of the price war, ..please that someone is edging my way, ..thank for the support scotty, ..we all know never to look at the price of something once you have bought it, ..duh
Old 14-02-2007, 09:32 AM   #39
sadbiker

Warning clangers from the missus and the bank manager tend to make me see sense where price is concerned...

Glad she was very happy when I bought her the DP High level Carbons (REMUS) for her 620 for her birthday one year.. With the DP Carbon Belly pan etc..

But to be honest £1400 is very excessive for what they are and I have always found that waiting and looking around tends to be a better policy. They always end up be flogged at more realistic prices. If Arrow can do good cans at full price at £650 then thats a ceiling for me. I was lucky with my S2R, I wasn't going to bother with cans as didn't even want to pay that. But when they came up on this site at half price ...... what the hell..
Old 14-02-2007, 09:46 AM   #40
singletrack

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
You can get termi end cans for quite a bit less than £1400 BUT thay do not come with ECU and filter.
If you get some cheaper ones you can always put a power commander on and new air filter at a later date - that's what I did. It cost about the same in the long run - but I didn't have to pay for it all at once.
Old 14-02-2007, 09:47 AM   #41
Scotty

err maybe i should point out it was no ordaniary 'exhaust' i bought

if i can just wave my willy about for a moment , 15 extra bhp apparently
Old 14-02-2007, 10:35 AM   #42
Bodybag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
err maybe i should point out it was no ordaniary 'exhaust' i bought

if i can just wave my willy about for a moment , 15 extra bhp apparently
15BHP extra?! Do they come with built in afterburners or something?!
Old 14-02-2007, 11:35 AM   #43
Scotty

sps cams bwuhahahahaar
Old 15-02-2007, 06:27 AM   #44
sadbiker

Must be gold plated for that.....