UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Finally, the wait is over..

Old 26-01-2007, 04:01 PM   #16
scrapps

welcome

Hello and welcome, hope to see you down da cafe one sunday (please don't park clean new 695 next to my old 620 cos will make me jealous.) take it easy and enjoy
Old 26-01-2007, 04:11 PM   #17
mogmachine

Hmm, ...i posted that thread a few months ago, ..and suddenly in the last few days i have received a few replies, ....ironic really as i have just got my bike back from doing a little bit of work to it, ...no longer is it a standard black/red 695, ..oh no, ...it now looks like this:

Can i still park it next to you

...won't be around for Ace Cafe on the 8th, am going to be in Japan from sunday for a week, ....oh wait, ..i will be back by then, ...see you there.

-mog
Old 26-01-2007, 04:50 PM   #18
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
That looks right nice!

Ped
Old 26-01-2007, 05:01 PM   #19
mogmachine

Talking

Thanks, ..he says nipping outside to clean the wheels again.
Old 26-01-2007, 06:44 PM   #20
benson

White monster - you are a brave soul indeed and I hope have a keen and eager slave in your garage to clean it every day...

Welcome again to the club and hope to see you on the 8th if it's not snowing!

I'm Benson - a.k.a. Rachel - and I'm the london and essex rep - check out the region boards as we're off to the Excel london bike show on the 4th Feb and then there's a mini weekender to Tideswell in September - that's on the national thread...

Ride safe and have fun,

Benson
Old 26-01-2007, 07:36 PM   #21
Spike

Quote:
Originally Posted by queen_gpants View Post
Hello and welcome from another pint sized biker!

I'm 5'2" and the 900 is quite a tall bike for me but having ridden some pretty hefty bikes over the years, GSXR600 srad and Ducati 888 I have learnt not to paddle bikes backwards (dropping it hurts the pride and the bike!) get off and push it back, one hand on the bar and one on the seat, lean it into you a little to stop it toppling over - this happened to me once with the gixxer and I had to run to the local indian take away to get help to pick it up again, very embarassing !! lol

You'll get used to turning it and do remember it has the turning circle of a tank!

Like others have said you should be able to adjust the seat height but you get used to it and if all else fails buy some platform boots, they work wonders!
Some tanks can neutral turn so thats very small turning area.
Old 26-01-2007, 08:56 PM   #22
benson

Spike, you need to get out more mate!!!!
Old 26-01-2007, 09:08 PM   #23
Shandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogmachine View Post
Thanks, ..he says nipping outside to clean the wheels again.
Thats why i had mine coated black, being a lazy git and all

Bikes looking good there

Cheers,

Shandy
Old 26-01-2007, 09:17 PM   #24
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
I think it looks great. I wouldnt like to clean the wheels though. I would personally like black on my s4. Single sider 748 not too bad to clean.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2007, 02:17 AM   #25
mogmachine

pah !, ...a dirty wheel is a dirty wheel,
....but when mine are clean they are WHITE

....which if you happen to be in possession of a damp cloth on a regular basis isn't really too much of a problem, .....and if they get dirty.. ..then i shall have to keep my eyes on the road and not my own reflection.

..oh, ..and the monster can neutral turn spike, ..it just requires a fine balancing act, and more faith than your average owner has in his/her sidestand

Last edited by mogmachine; 27-01-2007 at 10:47 PM..
Old 27-01-2007, 07:43 PM   #26
Chris & Nean

hello Mogmachine, nice to see you here
Old 13-02-2007, 12:47 AM   #27
dukest

painted bits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogmachine View Post
Hmm, ...i posted that thread a few months ago, ..and suddenly in the last few days i have received a few replies, ....ironic really as i have just got my bike back from doing a little bit of work to it, ...no longer is it a standard black/red 695, ..oh no, ...it now looks like this:
oooh, now that does look good! can i ask where you got the paintwork done and about the different flyscreen to match your lights? i'm hoping to get an s2r but would have very similar thoughts as you as to how to improve it!
Old 13-02-2007, 07:05 AM   #28
mogmachine

The paintwork was done at Ducati in Aylesbury, ...which is onyerbike.net not the actual main dealer, ..they are just round the side, ..ask for rod if you phone up, he is very helpful, ...as for the screen, ...it is the standard ducati one, ...it is not special for my lights even though the cut outs look like it is, ..to be honest i should probably put a couple more spacers under the lights and raise them more into the fairing, ...but it is raining and ****ty and i don't even have the impetus to polish the wheels.
Old 13-02-2007, 08:01 AM   #29
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Hello Mog. I agree, very stunning in the white and they'll be no problem seeing you coming downt he road.
I also have a 695 but left mine original for now, very quiet it is too compared to some the the other Monthers I met. What cans did you replace them with, I can't quite make it out from the picture ?

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 09:29 AM   #30
mogmachine

Termigoni's, high, ....they not only sound amazing, but with the new ECU they get rid of any of the uncertainty the 695 has when you roll the power on and off in first and sometimes second, ...and open first up to a gear you actually enjoy using rather than something you just want to get the hell out of.