UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hello.

Old 24-02-2006, 06:33 AM   #31
dazzi-b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Dave
don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red, don't say red.......

C'mon lets all chant together.

Hello by the way, I'm not against red, i just prefer black

Hello and a warm welcome from me

By the way I'm not against red, I'm not against black......my preference is YELLOW!!!!
Old 24-02-2006, 07:34 AM   #32
Tigerlily

Hi Raymundo

Please don't feel that you have to leave the site just because you've not got your Monster yet. You're still welcome to join in

Your membership won't be deleted as long as you log in again in the next 18 months.
Old 24-02-2006, 04:08 PM   #33
Scotty

quite proberly a wise choice, if you can get out of the dropping habbit new riders sometimes have ( that al be me )

think id be warey of all the s4rs power but as with all bikes, you dont have to use it
Old 24-02-2006, 04:51 PM   #34
NattyBoy
Monsterless again for now

Bike: M900
Now im confused.. 999R>600 bandit>S4RS..??!!

Enjoy whatever you get anyway..(S4RS looks the dogs in white BTW IMO)

Oh..and hello ruth..and doent let that CK bird give you any jip...

Nat
NattyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2006, 09:27 PM   #35
Gizmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NattyBoy
How do you spell it again is it T R O and double L at the end??
Old 24-02-2006, 09:45 PM   #36
lenny

hello

well hello and welcome from us lenny_linda
Old 24-02-2006, 10:02 PM   #37
MilesB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NattyBoy
I get it

From what you said at the start, the 999 - although awesome (especially in Black) is probably not an ideal begineers bike. From my own experience, I would say that the Bandit is.

Use and abuse the Bandit for a few months - get some confidence - wring it's neck to get some performance out of it. Enjoy the fantastic Suzuki gearbox, and the fact that you can bang down the gears while going around roundabouts without loosing the back end. Its a naked upright bike - get used to a more comfortable riding position, and developing those neck muscles.

THEN go and get the S4RS .
More power, much more torque, rediscover engine breaking, and fantastic handling/suspension .

Looks good too.

Keep the Bandit for riding in the winter so you keep your riding skills up, and don't have to learn again each spring.

But whatever - enjoy what you ride.

And Welcome, Miles
Old 26-02-2006, 12:49 AM   #38
Raymundo999r

Hello again. Thanks for the offer to stay around.

Re Bandit

Well you can appreciate the difference. But to be completely honest it was probably the right move considering that i had only rode the 999 for around 250 miles from new. It has gone to a new home now. Somebody came over from Dumfries to buy it and did.

I'm really looking forward to getting the S4 etc Monster when the weather picks up, which should be around June. I take on board the idea to keep the bandit for the winter months and i'm seriously going to consider it. After all it does make sense.

Once again thank you for all your support.
Old 27-02-2006, 04:26 PM   #39
stuartg

Welcome to both Raymundo and Redruth. Hope you enjoy the club.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:34 PM   #40
Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymundo999r
Ray from Whalley near Clitheroe Lancashire. i own a 999 and it's going to cost me my licence, or my life, so probably move over to the S4Rs so i thought i'd give you lot a look in.
Hi Bob!!!!!
Old 21-03-2006, 09:30 AM   #41
Raymundo999r

Bob? Have I missed something?

Hi again. I dropped the bandit on Sunday it's totalled, some diesel on the road from Devils. For me, I've suffered a broken finger and some grazing other than that I'm fine. I think it may be time for my Monster.
Old 21-03-2006, 11:44 AM   #42
DesmoDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymundo999r
Hello again. Thanks for the offer to stay around.

Re Bandit

Well you can appreciate the difference. But to be completely honest it was probably the right move considering that i had only rode the 999 for around 250 miles from new. It has gone to a new home now. Somebody came over from Dumfries to buy it and did.

I'm really looking forward to getting the S4 etc Monster when the weather picks up, which should be around June. I take on board the idea to keep the bandit for the winter months and i'm seriously going to consider it. After all it does make sense.

Once again thank you for all your support.
Too bad to hear about the spill (in every sense) mate, I hope the finger recovers soon. Now about that Bandit, I'd use the insurance money to add to the cash for the s4r and forget about keeping something for the winter, what's the point? Enjoy your summer months then put it away.
Old 21-03-2006, 12:04 PM   #43
Mr C

Hello and welcome your not to far from me. Good choice of colour. Ive not riden a 999 or an S4R but coming from a 996 (R.I.P) to an S4 is pretty simular to a degree. I have to say i have much prefered the S4. Its doesnt have the same straight line top speed but it the best fun u can have on 2 wheels. I love my Monster.
Old 21-03-2006, 12:09 PM   #44
Bodybag

Bandit

Get yourself another Bandit with the insurance. At least you now know not to ride through diesel again (its all part of the learning process). Don't think that cos you've now come off you're not going to do it again. Get plenty of experience before jumping onto what is, in essence, an un-faired 999!!

P.S. Hope your fingers better soon.

Phil
Old 21-03-2006, 01:17 PM   #45
Gilps

Stop mucking about. Get the S4rs. If you drop it, just get another one. You're obviously loaded and I'm jealous. Heal quickly and get back out on the road. enjoy whatever you ride.