UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hello.

Old 22-02-2006, 11:57 AM   #16
Julie

Welcome to the UKMOC
Old 22-02-2006, 01:34 PM   #17
steviej

Hi Ray.........

Nice part of the world.......................
Old 22-02-2006, 01:36 PM   #18
Raymundo999r

Once again, thank you all for the nice welcome.
Old 22-02-2006, 02:18 PM   #19
Kev Bunney

Welcome Raymundo, The 999 is an awsome machine as is the S4R, I was lucky enough to ride them both at last years track day, the S4R is definately the more rider friendly bike although I damn near chucked it at the scenery ! but the fact that I saved the situation was probably due to the controlability of the bike, either way you`ll have some great fun this summer
Old 22-02-2006, 07:40 PM   #20
Raymundo999r

A spot of luck, i've just met a friend of mine for a quick drink in our local and she has put me onto a Bandit 600 that's for sale in Blackburn which is just down the road. She knows the man at the garage who is selling it so we're going over tomorrow to buy it.

Thank you for all your advice and help.
Old 22-02-2006, 07:50 PM   #21
stef

you wha...
dont do it Ray. i assure you, there nothing to be proud of when straddling a bandit. the monster on the other hand makes you feel all funny inside.
please, we beg you to reconsider.
Old 22-02-2006, 07:59 PM   #22
manwithredbike
aka Phil

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redruth
I've been a Ducati Sporting Club member for nearly 2 years. After much dithering, I bought a Monster 620Sie as my 2nd, run around bike. I'm now thinking of touring on something more comfortable than my 996S so may swap it for an ST3. I've been told, though, that if I use throw over panniers on the Monster, she'll do Europe quite comfortably. Does anyone have a picture of a Monster with panniers? I'm definitely warming to the ST3 looks, panniered up but it would be a shame to sell the 996 if I don't need to.
what about this ??

bike box2.jpg
manwithredbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2006, 08:02 PM   #23
dean

bandit?,arse!

couldnt agree more with the bandit observation by Stef. Dont do it, you'll be sorry, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but some day soon and for the rest of your life.....
Old 22-02-2006, 08:30 PM   #24
spacemonkey
I see dead people.

Location: Carving a slice thru the braindead masses..(pun intended)
Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redruth
I've been told, though, that if I use throw over panniers on the Monster, she'll do Europe quite comfortably.
I knew a girl like that once. Lovely lass, but i never heard from her again once she reached Prague.
spacemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2006, 08:31 PM   #25
Scotty

dont wana call you a fool but....

thats one mental jump from enginering exclence to enginered to a price
not that ive ever owned a bandit and hence could be talking out of my arse

a har, see what ive done there
Old 22-02-2006, 08:41 PM   #26
Redruth

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwithredbike
what about this ??

Attachment 8925

It that doesn't contain Italian ice cream, there is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE!
Old 22-02-2006, 08:45 PM   #27
Redruth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymundo999r
A spot of luck, i've just met a friend of mine for a quick drink in our local and she has put me onto a Bandit 600 that's for sale in Blackburn which is just down the road. She knows the man at the garage who is selling it so we're going over tomorrow to buy it.

Thank you for all your advice and help.
I have to agree that the Bandit 600 (I had an S for a year) is a nothing bike -whatever you compare it to. But if you don't feel Ducati in your soul, you might as well be on a Jap bike.

And I give this information in an advisory, helpful way of course.
Old 22-02-2006, 09:38 PM   #28
Paranoid Dave
Is it meant to do that?

Bike: Other Ducati
ok so there's nothing wrong with red, even if black is better And as for drinking, yes suffolk is officially the first tee total county don't you know.

Hmmm, 999s or bandit 600
That would have to be the best opening line on the bandit forum wouldn't it. Oh well, if you enjoy it then good luck to you, if you need to get confident on something less scary then i even congratulate your common sense. But if it's just cos its there and affordable...

Good luck.

Oh yeh and hello Ruth, welcome and by the sounds of it, you wouldn't like suffolk.
Old 22-02-2006, 09:41 PM   #29
Tigerlily

Blimey, that was brief! I didn't even get to say hello!

Don't do it Raymundo! The Duke has far more style
Old 24-02-2006, 12:45 AM   #30
Raymundo999r

Hello again.

I would just like to say, that having listened to all your, and my instructor's advice, i ended up picking up the Bandit this morning. I'm hoping that i can get a few miles under my belt before late summer when the S4Rs turns up. The 999r was a little too much for a novice. I told my father that he shouldn't have got it before i had any experiance but you know how parents are. So when the S turns up i may be back.

Is there a time limit between visiting the site?