UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » noobie

Old 03-02-2006, 01:53 PM   #31
MilesB

Its the travelling that counts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nim
ill do that then...thanks!
Nim,

If you want to travel up on the Friday, you can tag a long with the Kent Mob - who will be going past you one way or another... just listen out for 6 Monsters (+1 spare wheel) + TDM + Thunderbird.
Seriously, if you want to join a ride up, just keep an eye on the Kent section, or PM me nearer the time.

Miles
Old 03-02-2006, 03:04 PM   #32
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesB
Nim,

If you want to travel up on the Friday, you can tag a long with the Kent Mob - who will be going past you one way or another... just listen out for 6 Monsters (+1 spare wheel) + TDM + Thunderbird.
Seriously, if you want to join a ride up, just keep an eye on the Kent section, or PM me nearer the time.

Miles
Hey Miles... I've already offered to lead that one, if no one minds, I know a good route.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 03:16 PM   #33
Bodybag

Room for a little one??

Are there any more spaces for the weekender? Having only just joined the forum myself, I only found out about it 10 minutes ago while looking though the threads. I'm London based too. Hello Nim, sorry, forgot to say that at the start.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:17 PM   #34
Lost Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily
You can camp at the Mill too but I'm too fond of my comforts for that!
Ya big wuss, sleeping in a field never did anyone any harm!!

(and its less staggering distance from the bar, hurrah!)
Old 03-02-2006, 03:23 PM   #35
MilesB

Quote:
Originally Posted by slob
Hey Miles... I've already offered to lead that one, if no one minds, I know a good route.
My pleasure

I'll play tail-end Charlie or sheepdog
Old 03-02-2006, 04:11 PM   #36
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Bike: M620ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Again
Ya big wuss, sleeping in a field never did anyone any harm!!

(and its less staggering distance from the bar, hurrah!)
I fail to see the need for camping when there's a gorgeous comfy hotel/bed and breakfast/travelodge not too far away. I hate camping. I really hate camping. I am not the outdoors type! Eeewwww.

And pbodycote, click on the links posted up in this thread, print off the booking form, decide to camp (you crazy?) or stay in the warm cosy surroundings somewhere else, fill in the forms, book travelodge if applicable, pay for what needs paying and see you there!

http://www.think.norfolk.gov.uk/content.asp?pid=6
Nonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 04:22 PM   #37
Bodybag

Many Thanks.

Hopefully I'll get that done on Monday. See you all there unless I do something stoooooooopid beforehand.

Easter in Ireland on me Monstah could prove to be STOOOOOOOOPID enough!!

Anyone in and around Dublin over the Easter weekend keep a look out for 5 Rice Burners and a real bike!!
Old 06-02-2006, 08:39 AM   #38
Nim

thanks for the kent ride up offer..sounds like a gd plan to me! im sure a load of us will get to meet up for a ride before then....just to y'all know, the travellodge in stratford (i hope thats the right one!) had rooms left for the monster weekender..ive booked for the for the fri, sat and sun night...its 45 squid per rm per night, i think can be b/w 2 and 4 people in a room.

anyone know if any booking stuff is needed for arrow mill?? did any of you g out sunday? what a beautiful day for a ride, i spent the whole day gettin slapped for daydreaming about bein on my bike and not payin attention to boring stuff i had to do!
Old 06-02-2006, 09:02 AM   #39
stuartg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nim
thanks for the kent ride up offer..sounds like a gd plan to me! im sure a load of us will get to meet up for a ride before then....just to y'all know, the travellodge in stratford (i hope thats the right one!) had rooms left for the monster weekender..ive booked for the for the fri, sat and sun night...its 45 squid per rm per night, i think can be b/w 2 and 4 people in a room.

anyone know if any booking stuff is needed for arrow mill?? did any of you g out sunday? what a beautiful day for a ride, i spent the whole day gettin slapped for daydreaming about bein on my bike and not payin attention to boring stuff i had to do!
Got out for about an hour yesterday.
Goin to the Bristol classic show next Sunday if anyones interested in joining me. I'm in South Beds.
Weather permittin of course.
Old 06-02-2006, 04:18 PM   #40
Moley

Hi Nim, a warm welcome from the Essex side of London
Old 06-02-2006, 06:42 PM   #41
Nonnie
Dipstick!

Bike: M620ie
If you are stopping at the travelodge and you want to take your meals at the Arrow Mill then you have to print off and fill in that part of the booking form. Hold On, I'll try and find it for you. Then you have to send it off to the address it says and pay as well. I haven't gotten around to doing that bit yet but I will. I don't think I'm booking breakfast even though I can vouch for it's superbness.
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/downloads/non_res2006.pdf

This link may or may not work. It's the Non residents meal booking form just so's you know anyway.

http://www.think.norfolk.gov.uk/content.asp?pid=6
Nonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 08:07 PM   #42
Nim

beer 'n pig

hey moley, thanks for the greeting...i work down your way sometimes...see lots of nice bikes essex way.....and cheers nonnie..., ill be booking in for the meals...i guess all of them, just in case i get there and they run out of food! although with a load of bikers around, im guessing theyll triple the amount of food hey think theyll need...nice. Mite bring extra set of man sized leathers to get me home after all the beer and pig ill be consuming...mmmm...beer. whose up for beer guzzling competition?? as long as we play by my rules of course....
Old 06-02-2006, 08:12 PM   #43
Pugi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nim
whose up for beer guzzling competition?? as long as we play by my rules of course....
Rules? Your clearly doing it the wrong way...
Old 06-02-2006, 08:20 PM   #44
Nim

could that be why after the beer i end up gettin dragged home by my toenails whilst singin 'oh mandy...blah blah blah....'?? altho i might find an extra special song for the monster weekender....
Old 06-02-2006, 10:04 PM   #45
Pugi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nim
could that be why after the beer i end up gettin dragged home by my toenails whilst singin 'oh mandy...blah blah blah....'?? altho i might find an extra special song for the monster weekender....
The start of a ukmoc entry ritual? I'm sure we'll all love to to hear it...heck, I'm sure most will happily sing along with you.