UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Service/Dealer & Insurance » Ducati Aylesbury

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-07-2005, 07:55 PM   #1
Orfink69

Thumbs down Ducati Aylesbury

As much as I don't enjoy doing things like this I'm afraid to say that I am far from impressed with the service both myself and my beloved S4R were given on Saturday during the compulsary 600 miler.
Following a most exhilerating 90 mile trip down there on a glorious summers morning I was greeted by your normal service desk happy, smiling, pleased to see you type chappy, or am I thinking of somewhere else ????
Anyway after a lovely three and a half hour wait in their air conditioned waiting area with tea and sandwiches provided....... sorry drifting again.... sat outside in the baking sun next to the rather expensive butty van, I was told the bike was now ready and everything was fine.
On closer inspection I was relieved to see that they had actually done the service it was supposed to have, in fact that was from the butty van, as I could see the chain wax that was all over the swing arm, number plate, exhausts, seat cowl, seat, frame.... oh and the chain.
Anyway didn't want to complain too much as at least they had serviced it.
HOWEVER.... when I asked the happy, smiling... in fact now grinning like a cheshire cat (my apologies to all cheshire cats) which was a little worrying,service desk chappy just how much I owed him... well was I in for a surprise..... £220.00
Oh well only a little over the quote I thought and so paid up.........
Curiosity got the better of me on the way back... I know should have checked it while I was there but I was a little worried in case they tried to get the shirt from my back if I stayed any longer.... so I decided a much earned breather was needed and a look over the invoice.
MUCH to my surprise I found that they had not charged me a penny............ for labour ???????? but had charged me £21.00 for an oil filter and £35.00 for the oil...... per litre . That equates to £140.00 for oil on a 996cc engine, which is 20 quid more than BMW charge for their special motorsport oil for the M series.
To say I am a little p****d is probably an understatement.
To top it all I spent nearly three hours trying to get the chain wax off everything except the chain and then on a little run to Barmouth yesterday the rear brake light switch decided to drop off thanks to a nut vibrating loose, and I thought they checked things like that .

Sorry Ducati Aylesbury but you certainly will not win any votes from me, in fact I will go as far to say that you have just lost a very good, spend happy customer... And thats the first time I have ever said that about any Motorcycle dealer.

In hind sight Ducati Wolves would have been a safe bet, less in fuel and at least Tony and Scott know their stuff.