UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Mods & How To's » m600 mods help

Old 19-01-2009, 02:20 PM   #1
bigfiretruck

ok i collected the bike today and its awwwsum better than my dreams it seems to have a throttle restriction which kinda sucks because i get to about *cough* 80 *cough* and the power just seems to run dry acceleration is still fast because i am able to use 1/2 throttle ish. where do throttle cables join the carbs? and would the restrictor be easy to remove
Old 19-01-2009, 03:57 PM   #2
nik_the_brief

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfiretruck View Post
ok i collected the bike today and its awwwsum better than my dreams it seems to have a throttle restriction which kinda sucks because i get to about *cough* 80 *cough* and the power just seems to run dry acceleration is still fast because i am able to use 1/2 throttle ish. where do throttle cables join the carbs? and would the restrictor be easy to remove
I'd not be so sure, when my old 600 was restricted with washers it was the same. Great acceleration up to about 85 or so and then it just ran out of wind.

Have a look in the mouth of the carbs before you start nosing around with the throttle. Washers are the usual restriction on the old carbed 600s.

Tags
clocks, m600, mods, monster, restrictor