UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Events :. » Events » National Events » Weekender Archive » Monster Weekender 2021 » Weekender anyone?, 2021

Old 23-02-2021, 12:00 PM   #61
Moco1961

Grim Reaper

......I was seriously thinking of changing my Avatar to that of the Grim Reaper, I seem to be the clubs purveyor of bad news !!

So as always the enthusiasm is great , and greatly appreciated, I have communicated with the Hotel ,they are all in today to work out what is happening with the latest iteration of rules. the quote from Donna is:

It is confusing, you could all stay here in your individual households but wouldn’t be able to have the event side of it and mingle, its only 2 households/6 people indoors from 17th May – 20th June, then all back to normal from the 21st….hopefully

.....so Gazza, on the face of it it would be a very low key event based on the fact we dont actually come from the same households !

Its never over until the large lady sings....... trying to be PC there ( and failing) .... I have asked if diaries are destroyed then maybe we could be bumped a few weeks. She will get back to me asap. They are in chaos at the moment because all weddings that were previously bumped are being bumped again..... watch this space, where there is a will there is away

Last edited by Moco1961; 23-02-2021 at 12:01 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 23-02-2021, 04:27 PM   #62
alan s4

Bike: S4 challenge
You never know, Nicola might even open the border for us by then!

Although after today's announcement it doesn't look as if we will be getting out of lockdown in Scotland anytime soon.
alan s4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 10:55 PM   #63
SueB

Hi. Are there any rooms left for the weekender? I joined ukmoc last year, although hubby milesb has been a member for years.
Thx Sue
Old 05-03-2021, 10:38 AM   #64
Moco1961

Hi Sue,
long time no hear, hope all is well in the Midlands.

It is my intention to give an update to everyone as soon as I have some positive news, I have been in contact with the Hotel as soon as the "roadmap" was announced last week.

As I dont want to leave folk hanging I will give a brief update as to where I am at with this.

So the hotel's initial reaction was that because the full restrictions dont get lifted until June 21st we were unable to hold the function at the hotel due to numbers involved.

After some e-mail ping pong and devising of cunning plans we came up with the following;

Breakfast can be taken in tables of 2 households and they would become your ‘indoor’ bubble whilst at tables 😊
all drinks are table service until the 21st June, normal trading hours no curfews, but you can mingle outside as restrictions are lifted once you go outside…

In case of bad weather we would have a covered area we can dedicate to you guys, we have plans to create new outdoor dining areas anyway as this is going to be life for the 3 months from April to June

So that looked promising, although heavily restricted we could go to the hotel, inside dining would be in bubbles ,all other dining outside. No function room could be used.
But then Donna mailed me to confirm.

We have also had confirmation that covered areas such as marquees are not going to be classed as ‘outdoor’ space, another kick in the stomach for hospitality. Last year they allowed marquees as long as 2 or more sides were up so at least people were covered. We’ve got new heaters etc coming
It seems we are scuppered if it rains

You can be outdoors mingling but if the weather turns then that’s the problem, we are getting some heaters and hopefully large umbrellas!

We will keep working on the dates this week and see what happens over the next few days – hopefully by Friday we will know one way or another

In summary we can stick with the Weekender date but its outside dining only, mingling restrictions and no covered areas outside so it really is outside. Donna is working to see if she can bump the date past 21st June .

I will keep everyone posted,

Old 05-03-2021, 11:40 AM   #65
Tim88

Bike: M1100evo
Heroic work on the Weekender planning....maybe if we changed the club name to 'Outlaws MC'....Monster Chapter, we could do whatever we liked?
Tim88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 12:15 PM   #66
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Bike: M1100evo
Rain? In the Lake District? Unheard of.
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 01:18 PM   #67
Moco1961

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim88 View Post
Heroic work on the Weekender planning....maybe if we changed the club name to 'Outlaws MC'....Monster Chapter, we could do whatever we liked?
................. or simply said we are representing parliament and need to go on a long journey North to test our eyesight
Old 05-03-2021, 01:57 PM   #68
Stinger101

Bike: M1200s
Good info and super job Moco. Thanks for Tracey & I.
Stinger101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 02:14 PM   #69
Darkness

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moco1961 View Post
......I was seriously thinking of changing my Avatar to that of the Grim Reaper, I seem to be the clubs purveyor of bad news !!
Not ‘Grim up North’?
Old 05-03-2021, 05:18 PM   #70
SueB

Great thanks for the update. Really hope it happens we would love to come and meet some old (and probably grey) friends!
Old 05-03-2021, 06:01 PM   #71
Moco1961

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger101 View Post
Good info and super job Moco. Thanks for Tracey & I.
.... Hi Mark, we are within touching distance mate, dont want to get too excited just yet, I seem to recall being in this position before

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
Not ‘Grim up North’?
... well even if it is,I dont mind having a beer with you in the rain Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueB View Post
Great thanks for the update. Really hope it happens we would love to come and meet some old (and probably grey) friends!
....well the good news is Sue that there is a room reserved for you, I just dont know the date yet !!. I hope I am grey when we meet..it means I still have some left !!!

Last edited by Moco1961; 05-03-2021 at 06:02 PM.. Reason: usual ! spelling
Old 05-03-2021, 06:45 PM   #72
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moco1961
... I seem to recall being in this position before ...
twice!

slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 07:21 PM   #73
Moco1961

Latest update

So we have a revised date, ( this is so weird writing these words again !), Donna has shifted things around to ensure we get a weekend that is without restrictions. This of course has the caveat that Boris does his bit and sticks to the roadmap.

We have basically bumped a couple of weeks, so the new dates are 25th to 27th June.

I realise that date changes cause problems in diaries, I also realise that some members may have reservations about meeting up still, this will be down to personal choice at the end of the day, all views respected for sure.

What we have is an opportunity to hold the weekender at the Abbey on these dates.please think about it, then let me know. The rooms are reserved and obviously I need to know if the people on original guest list still want to attend, we will take it from there.

I will post up more details as I get them and as we gather momentum.

Hope this suits everyone,

Mike
Old 10-03-2021, 07:31 PM   #74
ChrisC2925

Bike: M600
Me and Jane will be there, Mike so that's your starter for ten!!
ChrisC2925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 07:41 PM   #75
Moco1961

Nice one mate, so we have four already , 😄👍 I need some help with gazebo building ( I nearly said erection but thought better of it )

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: