UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Attention all Monster 696 796 1100 1100S & 1100 Evo owners !!

Old 25-10-2020, 01:35 PM   #1
Starla

Bike: M796
Attention all Monster 696 796 1100 1100S & 1100 Evo owners !!

Hi Everyone,

This a blatant plug for items I’ve just put on the “For Sale” section of the forum.!!

My M796 died on me back at the end of June. The engine went “bang” on me and that was the last straw with (I think) a “dud” bike, which I’d spent a fortune trying to get to work throttle & suspension-wise. I gave up on it – stripped off all the goodies I’d put on it, and chopped it in for a new Yamaha XSR900.

MY LOSS CAN HOWEVER BE YOUR GAIN. There are loads of items which fit M696 796 1100 1100S 1100 Evo Monsters. These are a lot of Carbon Fibre parts, 2 Bagsters, a Givi screen, and a Ducati Performance Tailpack. All parts are in beautiful “As New” condition, and were only on the bike for a very short time, never out in rain etc...

If you want to beautify/improve/upgrade/protect your Monster over the Winter months, please take a look in the “For Sale” section of the forum !! Due to the vagaries of the For Sale section, I’ve had to do it on 2 parts (Part 1 – carbon Fibre bodywork, Part 2 – Bagsters, Screen, Tailpack)

I’m asking ˝ the price I paid for the items - but note this also includes UK Mainland postage. I discussed this with Vince (who very kindly worked on the bike for me), and he thinks this is the right price.

However, there are a few items I’d like to give away to anyone who wants them - gratis.

PM me with your address and I’ll post out to you:

• Sheet of various sized “Ohlins” stickers, and sheet of “Monster – Ducati Corse” stickers
• New unused concentric Chain adjustment tool - alloy with rubber handle
• 2 sets of unused Lambda sensor covers – will fit all Monsters

MANY THANKS
STARLA
Starla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2020, 06:39 PM   #2
Doggy

Pm about chain tool.
Doggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2020, 09:17 PM   #3
Starla

Chain Tool now gone - to Doggy
Old 26-10-2020, 08:28 AM   #4
Flip

Bike: M900
Sorry to hear the bad news about your Ducati and hopefully it wasn’t too much of a pants filling moment for you when disaster struck?

Obviously good luck with the sale of your goodies too but I am interested in your thoughts on the XSR as out of almost every current motorcycle those rather interest me- I’ve always been a bit of a Yamaha fan.

Cheers
Old 26-10-2020, 10:18 AM   #5
Starla

Hi Flip,

Yes it went “Bang” miles from home in pouring rain !!

Yamaha is very smooth. Rear suspension a little similar to the 796, front better. It has ABS TC Slipper Clutch, 3 modes etc. There are as many aftermarket bits for it as the Monsters if you know where to look.

I like it a lot. It’s beyond my riding capabilities, but its a keeper !!

Cheers
Starla
Old 27-10-2020, 10:16 AM   #6
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Such a pity the Monster didn't work out for you but it seems like the XSR is a perfect fit.

At least the proceeds from your Monster bits can finance some nice goodies for the Yamaha.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2020, 11:13 AM   #7
Starla

Thanks Vince. As I said to you, I got a great deal on the Yamaha, and they took in the Monster and mended it before selling it on. I hope the new owner joins this friendly forum.