UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » 1st Ducati.......Love it

Old 04-10-2009, 08:08 AM   #1
benscott

1st Ducati.......Love it

Hi
Had a 2007 s2r 800 for a few months now and need some recognised end cans, or full exhaust set up. I feel naked without!! I have had a look on the web and it seems that Termi are the ultimate, but sadly out of the question due to cost.

Are there any althernative?
Does anyone have a used set for sale?
Can I mount a set of exhausts on either side of my model -they are currently shotgun style.

Any advice greatly appreciated.......
Old 04-10-2009, 11:20 AM   #2
PDL

Welcome mate, good choice of bike. Probably the best Monnie out there. Ask CK&AK they race one, and it has won loads of cups.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:12 PM   #3
Duke Konan

You can mount high levels (on either side.) I bought a second hand set of Termi slip ons from someone on the forum for 200 quid. They were on an S4R and fit just as well on my S2R 800. The catalytic converter for the S4R and S2R is the same part number so in theory slip ons for an S4R should fit an S2R (someone correct me if I'm wrong here). There are loads of other options apart from Termis. Saw a Zard full system on someone's S2R the other day and they've given me something to save for . Spareshack also has a some good options (Sil do a set of high levels for the S2R)
Old 04-10-2009, 04:10 PM   #4
steeevvvooo

Bike: M1100evo
Welcome to the club!

I have a Leo Vince can and a de-cat system from spareshack. It's a 2-into-1, so not one on either side, but the link pipe looks pretty cool (it's all twisted) and has the effect f showing the single sided swing arm off! (pic below)

Full price is about £530 for the can and £220 for the de-cat pipes I think. Although, I got the can for £400 brand new on ebay (Italian ebay has them even cheaper, about £350 ) and the de-cat for £100 from someone on here.

Depends if you can wait for a bargain on here, or want to buy new...

steeevvvooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 05:04 PM   #5
Yorkie
Anglo-Saxon Warrior

Bike: M900
Cool

Nice field!

Yorkie.

PS I can see the oil leak!!!!

Benscott, Welcome!
Old 06-10-2009, 04:33 PM   #6
benscott

all
thanks for your responses..Ill dig about!
Old 09-10-2009, 05:13 PM   #7
Mr.Number

Bike: S2r 1000
Take a look at Roads Italia, they are making pipes that are more than a match for Termi's and are at a very reasonable price......somewhat cheaper than Termi's anyway. I have just had an email back from them confirming they deliver to the uk. Their pipes are on youtube, and on a monster i think, the sound is absolutely superb.
Mr.Number is offline   Reply With Quote