UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Wanted and Offered :. » I want! » M900 oil cooler and pipes

Old Yesterday, 08:29 PM   #1
RichardDDuke

Bike: Other Ducati
M900 oil cooler and pipes

Am after oil cooler from an early M900 monster along with the oil feed pipes.
Will also consider other coolers that mount above front cylinder and are handed to make cooler centred in line with wheelbase.
TIA, Richard
RichardDDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:58 AM   #2
900Rebuilder

Bike: M900
Can't help with the cooler but have the pipes and spigots if required
Old Today, 09:46 AM   #3
RichardDDuke

Thanks for that - will bear that in mind if I manage to find a matching cooler.
Old Today, 11:42 AM   #4
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
You can fit Multistrada oil lines which both go under the engine past the starter motor.
This helps no end when changing belts as they don't get in the way of the horiz' cover and it streamlines the look of the timing side.
You will need later type nipples for the engine as the fittings are different, not sure if they go straight on the cooler?
You could probably use a Multi cooler, but not sure what they look like? they will have the correct alignment to the CL though.
Old Today, 02:37 PM   #5
RichardDDuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
You can fit Multistrada oil lines which both go under the engine past the starter motor.
This helps no end when changing belts as they don't get in the way of the horiz' cover and it streamlines the look of the timing side.
You will need later type nipples for the engine as the fittings are different, not sure if they go straight on the cooler?
You could probably use a Multi cooler, but not sure what they look like? they will have the correct alignment to the CL though.
Gary,
Thanks for the heads up on oil cooler lines...sounds like it could well be the route I go (sic).
The Multistrada oil coolers I've seen on FB (other sites are available) aren't handed so will need some bracketry made up for it to locate in the right space. Not an impossible task, but not quite as neat as the handed solutions.
Will see what's available and go from there I guess ...

P.S. As the MS lines will be a fair bit longer than the Monster/SS ones, I guess a benefit might a slight gain in cooling ability.
Old Today, 03:02 PM   #6
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Ah! I didn't realise that Multi' coolers were not handed, they must have revised the bracketry to make the coolers universal. (cheaper.)
Best stick with a Monster cooler, or an SS one for overhead mount.

Not sure if you need any extra cooling from the longer lines as the air cooled twins are all pretty much over cooled for the UK anyway.

Just looked at mine and I can't remember if I had to change the fittings at the cooler end? I think they went straight on.

I made some stainless steel stone guards for the Monster oil coolers as mine was looking very scruffy. They do the trick of covering the battered matrix and protect from further dings.

I still have loads of them! http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...er+stone+guard
Old Today, 05:39 PM   #7
RichardDDuke

Just had a thought.... it might be possible to mount the MS oil cooler using the lugs on the 900ss frame at the front where the airbox used to be. If it is possible then it doesn't need to be handed ... which might be a great result.