UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » New Monster Hunter

Old 05-10-2008, 12:53 PM   #1
GPF

New Monster Hunter

Just thought i'd say hi.
Test rode a 696+ yesterday & i'm hooked.
Can anyone advise me on a dealership in the south/south west (or even nationwide if I get a discount) to purchase from?
I understand through my local dealership that I can't get any discount on the bike from the £5750, is this true or not?
Old 05-10-2008, 01:03 PM   #2
walpole68

Hi,got mine from Ducati Aylesbury,did get a small discount,if you find a bike in stock you stand a much better chance of getting a deal.ps my bike sounds fab riding through the narrow streets of fairford !
Old 05-10-2008, 01:36 PM   #3
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Snells

Snells in Alton near Basingstoke/Guildford area very recommended by lots. TBH I'm thinking if I buy a m1100 next year going to them from in Kent. Family outfit with very good service. CK got her 696 from there .
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:36 AM   #4
GPF

Quote:
Originally Posted by walpole68 View Post
Hi,got mine from Ducati Aylesbury,did get a small discount,if you find a bike in stock you stand a much better chance of getting a deal.ps my bike sounds fab riding through the narrow streets of fairford !
Aylesbury would do no discount other than 10% off accessories. I was under the impression it is autumn/winter & sales of bikes usually slow down.
We are not asking for much IMO esp spending 6k on a NEW bike at the wrong time & during a so called recession.

Having discussed this with a friend of mine working in a japanese dealership he was very surprised no discount/incentive was offered.
Any advice would be lovely..
Old 06-10-2008, 11:06 AM   #5
Snips

Didn't someone on the news say something about a credit crunch?

If your dealer isn't prepared to haggle, walk away. 696s are selling well, but I got a discount even when there was a waiting list (maybe there still is).

Tell your dealer, "Deal, or there's no deal".

Good luck! You'll love the 696.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:09 PM   #6
GPF

Sorted! Reserved a white one & it's arriving Thurs. Got a good deal on the termis inc kit fitted & retail price on the bike. I'm happy.

Having spoke to a few dealers, there is scope for a "small amount of discount".
Old 06-10-2008, 12:16 PM   #7
CK & AK
flob-a-lob-a-lob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Snells in Alton near Basingstoke/Guildford area very recommended by lots. TBH I'm thinking if I buy a m1100 next year going to them from in Kent. Family outfit with very good service. CK got her 696 from there .
I certainly did
I didnt haggle for a discount off the price as I knew it would be minor as the bikes were so new (mine was the 2nd one registered on the road in the UK to a customer), but did get the first 2 services thrown in - as well as the odd other bit or 2, but thats cos I'm a long time customer really - having been with them since Feb 2002.

GPF - enjoy your new toy!

C
CK & AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:29 PM   #8
JerryXt
everyone gets home safe

Bike: S4Rs
C, when you put your stern face on, most men would cave

(running!)