UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Random Chat » Replacement garage /workshop??

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-02-2024, 06:33 PM   #1
jerry
Old Git

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Replacement garage /workshop??

Need some advice guys

My new House in Cricklade is lovely but when I bought it i knew the ancient 1960s prefab concrete garage was old and knackered , yes I got a discount on purchase price,, its rusty , leaky and the roller door jams and is past its best ,, also its wet and damp,

I want to replace it and the options are a new Concrete modern garage or a log cabin wood garage ,, they are in my price range ,,

I also want the garage to be insulated a bit and an insulated floor , Prices between log garage 40mm logs and 40mm concrete garage is minimal ,, wood seems more warming and maybe less condensation , It will be a workshop 3-4 bikes and tools

The current concrete base is 6m x 3m but I need to move the garage back 2.5m to have a garden gate fitted between the house and new garage .

So base will need to be 8.5m x 4m

Can I extend the base or do i need to get a completely new base made ,, I will want the garage raised by 70mm to improve drainage and fit a membrane base and some extra soak away in driveway..and move garage half a metre sideways to leave gap between neighbours boundry for maintenance

i wont be able to do groundworks or assemble garage kits as my health is not good enough so have to get supplying company do construction .and groundworks .and get credit for 12 months

fortunately the 3 bikes and tools currently fit in the lounge and conservatory so they are safe and dry... and i can diemolish the old garage ,, roof is not Asbestos ...

Last edited by jerry; 18-02-2024 at 06:36 PM..
jerry is offline   Reply With Quote