UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » Back with a M900 series I

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 29-12-2015, 09:07 PM   #271
Davy

Bike: M900
They look fantastic.
Old 13-03-2016, 07:58 PM   #272
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

I really want to say how grateful I am of not only this forum but of the kind offer from our president slob. He delivered to Brands Hatch as promised this complete front fairing for me to clean up and use or paint for a sum of money to charity.

I wasn't expecting a wonderful condition piece as initially I wanted only the brackets to copy and desired an original screen as I made a new but clear one.

This is what I got

After going home I was most keen to get it clean to see whats what. It had marks and some scratches and some paint missing on edges but I was pleased 100%.

An hour later after dismantling it and getting stickers and residue off and a good T cut and polish it looks like this.

All I need to do is find the front decal I got made and now cannot find from Image Works.

I can now sell my really nice yellow one with a clear screen but without brackets unless I can get some made.

So just a BIG THANK YOU
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2016, 05:11 PM   #273
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Trial fitted the front fairing tonight with longer bolts but no spacers. I need to get slob to turn some up for me as he offered his lathe services so why not do so. I think aluminium would be best to try and shed some weight put on now by the screen and heavy brackets. Might be better to copy the brackets in alloy at some point too.
Have to say it looks just great with it and without so I am glad of the option.

I did find that missing decal last night after another search.

Now that jobs ticked without paint expenditure I can relax and get married and come back to finishing properly in 4 weeks time with a positive outlook.
Old 14-03-2016, 08:25 PM   #274
SteveG

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I am fascinated by what is in the box marked "bill acceptor" ..... Is it part of getting married??
SteveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2016, 08:43 PM   #275
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveG View Post
I am fascinated by what is in the box marked "bill acceptor" ..... Is it part of getting married??
Ah bill acceptor is a note reader for vending machines. Part of my job as a service engineer. Sometimes empty boxes come in handy for ebay and stowing stuff I get. Garage is in a utter mess right now due to xmas and me not being in there for more than minutes and not tidying up. Have a chore to do tomorrow night of making some space and a good sort out. Part of my getting married is being able to continue to restore if I want as long as she can continue on her path of teaching involving many hours of marking and planning and as long as I cook dinner.
Old 14-03-2016, 08:48 PM   #276
SteveG

Bike: Multiple Monsters
BTW.. Good Luck and best wishes for the wedding...
SteveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 09:55 PM   #277
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Ok that's that out of the way then so on the way home from break away picked up the plating done by my mate @ Raccoon's which I dropped off on the way. Very quick service from his plating mate.

This means the engine can be built up properly and sealed once painted in the next weeks if the sun shines.

Really pleased I have got it all done now and got more component parts done because it helps Alec build it up clean and looking new. I got the cam gear washers done too because they were off the bike and also needed to make another cable bracket guide on research through close up pics. I have lightly assembled the cam covers on the heads and happy with the colours now.

Old 11-04-2016, 09:56 PM   #278
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Old 11-04-2016, 10:07 PM   #279
NattyBoy
Monsterless again for now

Fanbloodytastic mate !!
NattyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 06:14 AM   #280
DrD

Albie, that looks very shiny and clean but I notice your oil return bango bolts are original shape....
Did you know that Ducati have changed the profile of the Oil Feed banjo bolts for the head to alterantor cover oil lines?
Common mod back in the day for racing 900SS was to change them to narrower bore to increase oil pressure at which oil returns and so avoid any potential oil starvation in the heads
If you buy NEW banjo bolts from Ducati (whether from Ducati UK or Stein Dinse) they have a changed profile on the thread tip to do this.
Old 12-04-2016, 08:02 AM   #281
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrD View Post
Albie, that looks very shiny and clean but I notice your oil return bango bolts are original shape....
Did you know that Ducati have changed the profile of the Oil Feed banjo bolts for the head to alterantor cover oil lines?
Common mod back in the day for racing 900SS was to change them to narrower bore to increase oil pressure at which oil returns and so avoid any potential oil starvation in the heads
If you buy NEW banjo bolts from Ducati (whether from Ducati UK or Stein Dinse) they have a changed profile on the thread tip to do this.
These are the brake ones that's front brake. I will dig out the oil ones to check in case unless you looked at previous ones on another. Thanks for heads up in case.
Old 12-04-2016, 08:12 AM   #282
singletrack

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
It is looking good Albie
Old 14-04-2016, 06:09 AM   #283
Rally
Taking life easy........

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Looking fantastic mate. We all know it's only that clean to ensure you don't get your new smock dirty!
Rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 09:38 PM   #284
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Its almost a year since I did anything on the bike but I am starting to get my act together finally with plans in place to start it all happening.
Life has been torrid over last few months losing my mother over xmas but it means less worry now and I moved on to try and fix my body and trying to stop all the anxiety with tablets from the doctor but I am all good on blood tests it seems. Its my head that's fooked.
Been searching for the frame paint to match the early suspension hoop Darkness sent me months ago as the other guys paint tester never turned up twice on asking.
I thought I had a good match from Halfords but the lid was lighter than the paint even though it was a light primer too. I tested an Audi Dakota Grey metallic and its a silver bronze and tbh I quite like it and in the right light its close but not right generally.
Im off to try a paint supplier who can match in aerosals this week and if not its fork out at a place where my fizzy got painted but he is a diva and takes forever but I know he will do a good job.

I can very soon paint the engine now as its warming up and I have a small plastic greenhouse to do it in so then I can get engine built up by Proteam Ducati as the heads needs reassembly and the clutch may need a new drum and definitely new plates. Big Oz still has my tank which he pulled the dents out so that can also go for respray and then the nice red tank I have can be sold on. Its early but not early enough and doesn't have the area in the tank catch separate fitted ( its all in the detail ).

I never expected it to take so long but I am much more patient and laid back now but full of wanting to get her on the road for her 25th birthday.

In the meantime Scrambler is now alive and working after a battery failure and is also undergoing changes to the darkside as got a tank mudguard and tail for £130 and full throttle bars too so is going Black maybe matt or satin with some gloss touches very soon. That bike keeps me happy in the meantime and being able to ride again.
Old 07-03-2017, 08:24 AM   #285
alan c
alan (blockhead) c

Bike: M1100
Good to hear your getting sorted Albie, looking forward to seeing the 900.
alan c is offline   Reply With Quote