UK Monster Owners Club Forum » Gallery » UKMOC Bikes » Back with a M900 series I

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 17-01-2018, 09:15 PM   #451
Darkness

Bike: M900
Bike fine, but how are you? When do you get the prognosis?
Old 17-01-2018, 09:48 PM   #452
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
Bike fine, but how are you? When do you get the prognosis?
I'm ok had the sigmoidoscopy last night and found just 1 polyp so cut it out. No bowel cancer yet it seems. It bloody hurt this time so much as I was sweating but nurse kept me cool as she could
They insert camera and blow gas to inflate the bowel so feels like you want to go to loo.
They only give pain injection on a colonoscopy they told me and this one not as bad. I think not sir
I'm good until 60 they say but have to check myself often but I'm glad it's done now again

Last edited by Albie; 17-01-2018 at 09:50 PM..
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 11:43 PM   #453
Darkness

I'm glad it's just innuendo then.
Old 18-01-2018, 06:15 PM   #454
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Now have number plate illuminated but still no horn. Tried a replacement horn too and tailing to light bulb. It's either the Cagiva switch unit I fitted the Ducati connector block to or a cable break in loom. Not a problem either way as have 3 switchgear to use
That's this weekends job then
Old 19-01-2018, 07:32 AM   #455
Darkness

Check the horn itself works too before spending too long on the switchgear and wiring!
You can then chase the fault from both ends to isolate the problem.
Old 21-01-2018, 12:15 PM   #456
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Was the horn No idea whether it worked before but was in reasonable condition. Did early bikes have vox bell ones or was that purely Ss models and were they silver and not black
Old 21-01-2018, 01:53 PM   #457
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Was the horn No idea whether it worked before but was in reasonable condition. Did early bikes have vox bell ones or was that purely Ss models and were they silver and not black
Nearly there, Albie!

I'm feeling like I did when "Lost" was coming to an end; I want to see what happens in the end but I'll miss the unfolding saga.

Anyway, according to Stein Dinse, the original part no. was 800050555 but that's no longer available and the replacement is 400520280, which has a black centre...

But, if the pictures in the Ducati bible are to be believed, the original horn was all silver...

If you absolutely, positively must have the original, there's a NOS one on US ebay...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/352214482128

It's listed as being for a Cagiva 125, but I'm guessing the same part was used across the Cagiva group. It's certainly the same part number and it is completely silver.

At least your Monster finale will be very satisfying, which is something that I couldn't say for "Lost"!
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 02:39 PM   #458
Luddite

Here's the listing on ebay.co.uk...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOS-OEM-C...item52019e7cd0
Old 21-01-2018, 03:53 PM   #459
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Thanks for that. I found another nos from Canada £22 posted inc part
Old 26-01-2018, 05:11 PM   #460
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Now I have working horn. It seems other one was duff but also the push needed some slight adjustment. 4 days off now so need to clear up last bits of checking and tightening bolts nuts banjos and exhausts but waiting on the rear brake bleeder pump.
Old 08-02-2018, 04:58 PM   #461
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Time has come

Well the date is set for next week when Monster gets a trip in a van to be commissioned and MoT'd by Ducati Proteam. She goes this coming Monday so this time next week it could be good news or bad.

Everything is working now as far as I can see except a spongy front brake. I managed to sort the rear and just purchased my own vacuum bleed pump so over the weekend will attempt the fronts again.
Seat catch mechanism needs minor adjustment as not clicking in so may need a pair of washers under the plate and the oil feed tap doesn't feel positive shut so maybe the spring has lost some compression so will add a washer to that.
I also have to remove throttle as the plastic washer is not in there and when the new grips were fitted the throttle doesn't quick return as slight grabbing on throttle case side. The washer stops the grabbing and I missed it out.
Other than that its all done and really needs just an expert check oversee before starting her up once the oil is put in and some fuel in the tank.
Wish me luck and I hope next comment from me is pictures and video bearing good news.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:09 PM   #462
Jez900ie
Pleasantly surprised!

Bike: M900ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Well the date is set for next week when Monster gets a trip in a van to be commissioned and MoT'd by Ducati Proteam. She goes this coming Monday so this time next week it could be good news or bad.

Everything is working now as far as I can see except a spongy front brake. I managed to sort the rear and just purchased my own vacuum bleed pump so over the weekend will attempt the fronts again.
Seat catch mechanism needs minor adjustment as not clicking in so may need a pair of washers under the plate and the oil feed tap doesn't feel positive shut so maybe the spring has lost some compression so will add a washer to that.
I also have to remove throttle as the plastic washer is not in there and when the new grips were fitted the throttle doesn't quick return as slight grabbing on throttle case side. The washer stops the grabbing and I missed it out.
Other than that its all done and really needs just an expert check oversee before starting her up once the oil is put in and some fuel in the tank.
Wish me luck and I hope next comment from me is pictures and video bearing good news.
How exciting for you to be almost ready to hit the road on the project bike! I'm sure everything will be fine and look forward to a pic of you sitting on the bike grinning!
Old 08-02-2018, 06:20 PM   #463
Luddite

This is exciting!

I'll wish you good luck but, with your meticulous approach, Albie, I'm sure luck won't be needed.

You should set up a live YouTube feed for the first start-up; it could be our version of Elon Musk's rocket launch!
Old 08-02-2018, 06:33 PM   #464
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

It may well be filmed if lucky. I will be happy just knowing its alright. Never even ridden the bike. I have only heard it run.
Old 08-02-2018, 07:34 PM   #465
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Just sorted the rear wiring. Its now tucked out of sight in the square frame brace hole sandwiched between mudguard and tea tray. Bit of a bugger to do but worth the effort looking neat. Put thin washers between seat catch bracket and frame and seat now clicks into place.
Just that oil tap and brake bleed to do and throttle.