UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » First Monster

Old 25-05-2015, 06:05 AM   #1
Portals

First Monster

Hi to all, just bought my first Monster, a 1000s on 55 plate, 29k on the clock. Loving it already.

Looking at the service history it looks like the cambelt hasn't been changed for a few years. Looking to get this done and a service asap, however not sure of the best place. Popped into Riders Bristol and they quoted £ 560.00, always a bit dubious about main dealers, are they any good.

Thanks
Old 25-05-2015, 06:37 AM   #2
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
That seems a bit on the high side. My 4v didn't cost that much. Nearly, but then I did have £60 worth of oil into that.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2015, 07:48 AM   #3
bazread

Hi & welcome Portals,

I recently had my Evo serviced (including Cam Belts) by Riders of Bristol for £470, the service was fantastic. I had the use of a loan bike (821) and they kept me regularily updated - I would recommend them I just wish I had the "spannering" skills to do myself as £470 is a lot of money that I could of spent on carbon !!
Old 25-05-2015, 11:52 AM   #4
crust
rattles when he walks

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portals View Post
Hi to all, just bought my first Monster, a 1000s on 55 plate, 29k on the clock. Loving it already.

Looking at the service history it looks like the cambelt hasn't been changed for a few years. Looking to get this done and a service asap, however not sure of the best place. Popped into Riders Bristol and they quoted £ 560.00, always a bit dubious about main dealers, are they any good.

Thanks
If you're going to Bristol I'd give Rich a call at Louigimoto a call

http://louigimoto.com/

A proper Ducati enthusiast.
crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2015, 05:35 PM   #5
Zimbo
Too much time on my hands member

Another recommendation from Rich Llewellen at Louigimoto, just south of Bristol. What he doesn't know about Ducatis really isn't worth knowing!
Zimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2015, 07:12 PM   #6
Martin Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portals View Post

Thanks
Yet another "thumbs up" for Louigi Moto - I take my S2R there and can vouch that you will get first class service at a decent price. I can't remember what the belt replacement cost last time, but it was certainly less than you have been quoted by Riders.
Martin Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2015, 07:09 PM   #7
Portals

Thumbs up

Thanks to everybody for the response, Louigi Moto sounds interesting and worth a shot.
Old 27-05-2015, 07:06 AM   #8
Cobra88

Hi Portals