UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Another one from Norfolk

Old 07-06-2017, 10:10 PM   #1
goodeye

The bike is back!

Carl dropped it back tonight, they collected it, serviced it and dropped it back (at like 8.30 this evening). I understand why he has such a good reputation.

Bike had a new rear tire, brake pads, full big service as well as a new battery and the shims done. Was expensive but not as much as I feared. Will be eating only tesco value beans for the rest of the month but happy to have the bike back and ready to ride.

Will report after a blast into Cambridge tomorrow, praying for clear skies
Old 08-06-2017, 08:12 AM   #2
goodeye

great blast into Cam this morning from Norwich. bike was great and performed perfectly. looking forward to updates when i can afford a few extra bits and pieces. let me know if there are any ride outs etc as it will be good to meet other owners and shoot the breeze.
Old 08-06-2017, 03:21 PM   #3
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodeye View Post
Will be eating only tesco value beans for the rest of the month
You should get a bit more power from that?

PM me your email address and I will put you on my mailing list of Norfolk UKMOC members. I send out a mail shot whenever there is something happening.
Old 19-06-2017, 07:33 PM   #4
goodeye

Ok 2 questions,

1, am looking to get my ecu flashed to match the termi pipes. What kind of gains would I expect from this? Trying to justify the cost.

2, as the monster is air cooled, if you have to do a bit of filtering on a hot day like today the bike gets pretty hot. There is no fan like on a liquid cooled bike to stop it over heating so what do you do? Is it just the case you have to stop by the side of the road and wait for it to cool down if you think its getting too hot?
Old 19-06-2017, 10:06 PM   #5
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
You would be surprised how hot they can get and not be too bothered. A water cooled bike will boil up and ring all the alarm bells, but your air cooled jobbie will soldier on.

Probably the worst thing to do is stop.. Sure if you are forced to stop turn off the engine, but the best thing is to keep moving air over the engine.. The more the better.