UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Events :. » Events » National Events » Weekender Archive » Monster Weekender 2015 » UKMOC Weekender 2015 Booking Thread

Old 20-11-2014, 01:47 PM   #61
alan c
alan (blockhead) c

Bike: M1100
Back to the top !!!!

Please get bookings in asap

Thanks
Old 20-11-2014, 02:39 PM   #62
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan c View Post
Back to the top !!!!

Please get bookings in asap

Thanks
How are we doing Alan. How many spaces left to fill. I hope we fill this up as will be a big shame to share with the public and their cars. Come on guys join in the fun @ the weekender as it only happens once a year over here and never before in the Kent area. Lets not make this a quiet one.

Old 20-11-2014, 06:35 PM   #63
alan c
alan (blockhead) c

Bit slow matey, 9 rooms left, same faces booking and some missing, 6 MOB booked

No comments from anyone !

Just sorted menus for each night and really good food ! I will post up so people can see. Will take orders nearer the time.
Old 20-11-2014, 08:28 PM   #64
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan c View Post
Bit slow matey, 9 rooms left, same faces booking and some missing, 6 MOB booked

No comments from anyone !

Just sorted menus for each night and really good food ! I will post up so people can see. Will take orders nearer the time.
Could always cancel the whole show. Be a shame though.
Old 20-11-2014, 09:11 PM   #65
Shuffy

BIG NUDGE.....

Come on everyone, don't let us down!!!!

GET BOOKING!!!!!!!!!!

Old 20-11-2014, 09:24 PM   #66
Shuffy

And just in case you've missed the poster....

Old 20-11-2014, 09:52 PM   #67
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffy View Post
And just in case you've missed the poster....

I see Scramblers are welcome . There hopefully will be another turn up. More bikes the merrier hopefully. May have to start a list of who hopefully will turn up as daytrippers if not.

Please don't be shy and whack a form in and enjoy a couple of days and if you have shocked by images of Shuffy and AlanC doing their stuff we can stop them if you are affected.

Old 20-11-2014, 10:07 PM   #68
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Great photos Albie...You should be the club historian..

Makes me more determined to get to next years Weekender...

You hinted at some comments Alan..
Don't know how to put this without offending...I'll try, as non is intended.

Looking forward to meeting up with some likeminded souls, but as the only breadwinner in a growing family. I'm finding it difficult to justify £185 on two nights board for just myself.
Looking at the hotel's menus I can't find anything I would want to eat , let alone cater for my "special dietary needs"....Just put me down as faddy...

I approached the hotel for a nights B&B with deposit to be paid via UKMOC, so's to keep eveything in order. After some long consideration, they have told me that I could have a room if there is one left after all the two or three night blocks are taken...Don't mind me, I'll sleep in the stables.
I can understand the hotel wanting to make the most possible money but it leaves me feeling excluded, and slightly offended.
Basically they are saying they have two or three night full board deals. take it or leave it.!

Now i am sure that the weekender does not revolve around the hotel, and I will get there one way or another, but I am sure there must be others thinking that the actual hotel deal is not going to suit them perfectly?

Something that a stalwart member mentioned to me, is that it may be difficult for some to find the deposit and commit so close before Chris####s. After all the new year is when most start to think about thier summer hols.

You are not to think of this as reflecting badly on your stirling efforts at organising this Alan. They are greatly appreciated by all..You probably already have me down as a miserable git anyway..

Maybe the "Brickwall" could be persuaded to have a bit more "give" in lieu of the considerable bookings that you have already taken....Good luck with that...
Old 21-11-2014, 09:10 AM   #69
alan c
alan (blockhead) c

Hi Gary,

I am pleased you wish to join us all at the weekender.

With the hotel bookings there are constraints, it is a business after all, we have agreed that we will book all the rooms as a package with meals included.
I understand some people may not be able to afford but as you would understand it is very hard to suit all budgets. (The hotel has requested deposits in November, the same as most other years.)

We hope to see as many of our club members at the event
Old 21-11-2014, 12:03 PM   #70
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
I sadly can't commit that far in advance at the moment but hope to attend if possible, even if just a day trip.

Old 21-11-2014, 02:38 PM   #71
alan c
alan (blockhead) c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
I sadly can't commit that far in advance at the moment but hope to attend if possible, even if just a day trip.

That's fine, hope you can make it !
Old 21-11-2014, 02:39 PM   #72
scrapps

I know its a pain to find the deposit at this time of year but its difficult to book this sort of event in time if left till after Christmas.

Old 21-11-2014, 03:46 PM   #73
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Thanks for listening, and not getting cross with me......I won't mention the subject again..

I guess that's me down as a day tripper then..Still looking forward to it and already missing the nice riding weather..
Old 21-11-2014, 05:17 PM   #74
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
Thanks for listening, and not getting cross with me......I won't mention the subject again..

I guess that's me down as a day tripper then..Still looking forward to it and already missing the nice riding weather..
I will probably be a day tripper as well, Gary. We can ride down together if you fancy?
Old 21-11-2014, 05:46 PM   #75
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

I'd be up for that Grumpy...Thinking along the lines of a very early start on Sunday at the moment, but a long way ahead for final plans..we might pick up some other East Anglians too?