UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: General :. » Spotted » blackwall tunnel

Old 04-11-2008, 01:04 PM   #1
S4Rs-Tone

blackwall tunnel

spotted monster 9am ish going north into blackwall tunnel whilst i was stuck in traffic due to some poor unfortunate who had broken down in the tunnel
Old 04-11-2008, 08:45 PM   #2
Scootaboy

I broke down on my vespa at the start of that tunnel 9 years ago (due to that crap new lead replacement fuel shell brought out).

pushed the bar-steward the entire length of the tunnel in rush hour traffic wearing full rain gear (hot) causing major tail backs and then it started literally as I pulled over to the kerb at the very end - and was fine all the way home...

not an experience I'll ever forget
Old 04-11-2008, 08:59 PM   #3
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I stalled an XL500 in the Northbound tunnel about 10 years ago, and they're absolute buggers to kickstart when part warmed up. I spent several very tense minutes pressed against the side of the tunnel trying to start it, it felt more like hours.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:32 AM   #4
Scott1

I go through the tunnel about 9 am every day, pssibly me. I have been overtaken by a red monster with gold forks twice in the last two weeks going into the tunnel, whoever rides it, has an average filtering speed of about 90.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:36 AM   #5
S4Rs-Tone

red with white stripe?
Old 06-11-2008, 12:48 PM   #6
Scootaboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott1 View Post
I go through the tunnel about 9 am every day, pssibly me. I have been overtaken by a red monster with gold forks twice in the last two weeks going into the tunnel, whoever rides it, has an average filtering speed of about 90.

I always try and pull over for people to pass me when I get them behind me when filtering.

It never ceases to amaze me the speeds people think its safe to filter at, I've had enough heart in mouth moments at my much slower speed...how the f**k do they get away with it? Or is it always them who you see being carried into an ambulance after yet another car/bike collision?? In fact I know it isnt but how do they get away with it?

ANSWER ME YOU FIENDS!!! NOW!!

Old 06-11-2008, 12:59 PM   #7
kenloen

Hi, I go thought this tunnel most days, usually at around 6.50am and then 7pm heading south. Red S4R.. its the drivers who knowingly dont leave a gap on purpose who get my goat, usually van drivers or those running late who are cheesed off at having to queue...

Scootaboy, you need to use the force..lol,

disclaimer: not that I ride manically or filter at silly speeds
Old 06-11-2008, 01:24 PM   #8
Scott1

Don't think it has a white stripe and its definitely an older one.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:28 PM   #9
kenloen

Mine has no white stripe, its a 2003 and they were plain. Suppse the swing arm is the easiest way of telling.. oh and in the winter I ride a Blue jacket with Hi-Viz on a red bike..

Though I am looking at fitting a Tricolour stripe sometime..