UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hello from the Wirral

Old 26-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #1
Moco1961

Smile Hello from the Wirral

Hi All, I am a bit new to this forum biz, also new to the MOC, thought I would say hello ! I am the proud owner of a 59 plate 696 and I love it........... one gripe though, seem to spend a lot of time looking at my forearms in the mirrors, even on max adjustment I still cant get them 100%, any good aftermarket extenders out there or do I send my arms on a diet !!!
Old 26-04-2013, 05:52 PM   #2
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
Welcome aboard!
Thats Ducati mirrors all over!
Old 26-04-2013, 05:56 PM   #3
MrsC_772
Silver Member

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Hi Moco1961 and welcome from a fellow 59 plate 696 owner.

I still have the original style mirrors on my bike (but do have very skinny little arms so tend to get just a glimpse of elbow). Monster owners do like to change the mirrors - some for bar end ones (which always strike me as impractical for filtering) - rather than fit extenders for the existing ones. If you have a hunt through some of the old threads on the forum you should be able to pick up plenty of suggestions for alternatives.

If you fancy a run down from the Wirral next weekend, UKMOC's having our annual weekend get together at the Wroxton House Hotel near Banbury in Oxfordshire (http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=46825). Plenty of people will be just coming down for the day, especially on Sunday, so you'd be very welcome to come along and say hi.
MrsC_772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 06:50 PM   #4
Moco1961

Cheers for the welcome, aftermarket extenders it is then! This is a really good site, can waste hours running through threads here, I am learning quite a bit.

Have a good weekend at the annual bash, I will my eyes open for ride outs etc, thing is bsb is at Oulton park next weekend.........
Old 30-04-2013, 07:00 PM   #5
scrapps

Hello and welcome
I have just changed to bar end mirrors as filtering not done often cos I avoid city traffic.