UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Electrics » Ducati Brand Battery Charger connection

Old 05-07-2022, 10:37 PM   #1
SuzyQ

Bike: Monster 950+
Ducati Brand Battery Charger connection

Hi all,

Got my new Ducati Monster and not overly impressed with the support given (by dealer) to resolve the issue of how to connect the Ducati charger up to the Diagnostic Port (DDA) which I have now been told is under the pillion seat (child size lol).

Have images but the upload attachment does not work - resized to 24kb and jpeg file but get upload of file failed message.

The diagnostic port under the rear seat is square and the Ducati optimate lead is square but does not click in and not wishing to break it. Bike booked in on 6th August for first service so can have the other lead fitted that attaches to the battery terminals - just annoying that I bought the Ducati charger to make it simple. Probably me being simple lol

Suzy
SuzyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 08:07 AM   #2
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Congratulations on your new Monster Suzy.
Sorry to hear about your problems with the connection, but can't be much help I'm afraid!

Images need to be hosted. I go to https://imgbb.com/ and upload my image to that, then copy and paste the "BBCode fully linked" to the post. You can upload the full size image and it will resize it for you automatically.
Old 06-07-2022, 02:31 PM   #3
Paul_

Bike: M696
Could you ask the dealer to show you how it attaches when it goes in for its first service? I use the Ducati DDA port as well but the bike connector has a cover that needs popping off to connect the charger.
Paul_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 09:09 PM   #4
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Any help

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165263348...QdslsQYXAAAAAA

Last edited by Albie; 06-07-2022 at 09:12 PM..
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 01:32 AM   #5
SuzyQ

Bike: Monster 950+
Thanks all for helpful comments. Decided to try the ImgBB site so will see if I have got it right:

https://ibb.co/n7BQkvw
https://ibb.co/mBd6X1q

Thanks Albie - have looked at the ebay picture and that lead was in the Ducati charger box but the end looks slightly different. Setting off for Faro on Friday so no time left to investigate too much more - need to work out how I can reduce down my packing as I seem to have run out of room :-)

Suzy
SuzyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 07:01 AM   #6
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

The diagnostic port is rectangular. They are to feel initially tight because of the seals. They only fit one way but often you feel taking off the cover it wont come apart. You have to lift the tab and when replacing push it hard to click. Unless you remove the tank this is your best option. It's a lot of faff but it's an hours work off and on to be fair just to attach 2 cables. If your under there check air filter too .
Old 07-07-2022, 08:10 AM   #7
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
It's the BBCode you need to paste on here.

Old 07-07-2022, 08:52 AM   #8
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
The square one in the second pic looks like the DDA to me, that's where the Optimate adaptor went on my 1200R.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 04:44 PM   #9
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slob View Post
The square one in the second pic looks like the DDA to me, that's where the Optimate adaptor went on my 1200R.
That's correct but it's not square its rectangular with corners. That's the female side though but you know that. Sometimes they tend to be hidden tucked away. We use this port with the Texa software to check errors and remove service lights and check for balances running and voltage. It's quite amazing looking at the bike running on a laptop.
Old 07-07-2022, 05:25 PM   #10
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
Setting off for Faro on Friday so no time left to investigate too much more - need to work out how I can reduce down my packing as I seem to have run out of room :-)

Suzy
We did a month inter-railing around Italy 4 yrs ago, I had maybe a quarter of the total space in our wheelable back packs. I still think in terms of packing for a bike trip so maybe am a bit more brutal on de-selscting stuff.
Faro we liked, Carolines cousin manages some properties east of there so we can often get 'mates rates . We do have (or did have) a member inland towards the western border, get pretty there but you need transport to get around.
Old 07-07-2022, 10:46 PM   #11
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
Quote:
Setting off for Faro on Friday so no time left to investigate too much more - need to work out how I can reduce down my packing as I seem to have run out of room :-)

Suzy
My philosophy on packing light, what ever you think you need, half it, then half again.
Plus carry travel wash.
Old 08-07-2022, 05:08 AM   #12
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

I usually take my oldest tee shirts, pants and socks and wear them one last time and then just discard them rather than bringing them home to wash them.
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 12:13 PM   #13
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
- need to work out how I can reduce down my packing as I seem to have run out of room :-)
If you're struggling to find room for everything, I can recommend these vacuum travel bags. They're waterproof and take up about a third the space. Just make sure you get the roll-up version like these so you won't need a hoover to collapse them.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292763501882

Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote