UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Events :. » Events » Racing » Checa and Ducati World SBK Champions

Old 02-10-2011, 05:36 PM   #1
Pomp1

Checa and Ducati World SBK Champions

And with this one is 14 Riders and 17 Manufacturers titles. Happy days.
more here
Old 02-10-2011, 06:01 PM   #2
rac3r

I posted this on Ducatisti and it got deleted for not having *spoiler*
Old 02-10-2011, 06:14 PM   #3
Mr.Number

Bike: S2r 1000

Yes, what a fantastic season for Checa, fair play hes wiped the floor hasnt he and so have ducati.

So this all singing dancing bmw ? Good effort in the superstock but still a good 40 points adrift of the red beast. 11 bmw bikes in superstock this season compared to 5 ducati !

I remember a lot of people blabbin on about the bm when it emerged and i thought it hasnt done anything yet !

Their touring bikes are good tho hahha !

Was gutted for rossi today, a good position on the grid, i thought he would have had a good ride today, especially with the ride through penalties issued to riders who normally sit in the 2nd pack.

I still think ducati will get this right eventually and all these stoner lovers will be fillin their leathers when the beast is unleashed !!
Mr.Number is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:18 PM   #4
rac3r

The word from Briggs is the bike is finally responding to changes how it should so it will be interesting to see at the next race
Old 02-10-2011, 07:03 PM   #5
Mr Cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomp1 View Post
And with this one is 14 Riders and 17 Manufacturers titles.
...and an extra 200cc

C
Old 02-10-2011, 07:13 PM   #6
Pomp1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cake View Post
...and an extra 200cc

C
Ducati would have happily raced the Desmosedici instead, but everyone else said no..
Old 02-10-2011, 07:18 PM   #7
Mr Cake

Rubbish. That thing would be too expensive to race. Did enough get sold to homologate it for production bike racing? Guaranteed if they could have raced it they would. (EDIT) Plus I don't believe it would be as competitive as some people think...

I don't expect any other response to such contentious issues here. It's like asking the host if the wine is any good

C

Last edited by Mr Cake; 02-10-2011 at 07:29 PM..
Old 02-10-2011, 07:26 PM   #8
Pomp1

Quote:
Rubbish. That thing would be too expensive to race. Did enough get sold to homologate it for production bike racing? Guaranteed if they could have raced it they would.

C
They could have sold more than they produced anyway, I think the final figure was 1500, how many R7 were produced? used to be 250 minimum. I think a sorted SBK would cost more than a D16 anyday. C'mon Dave, Checa was brilliant this season and the Ducati was the slowest even with 200 extra cc. Give the man his due or you'll start sounding like Biaggi.. Melandri did a fine job and he'll be up there next year if he can sort a ride out. I'm truly sorry that Yamaha is retiring the factory team as I think the sport will only suffer.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:35 PM   #9
Mr Cake

Would you believe me, Max, if I told you I hadn't watched a single WSB race this year?

I don't know how many R7s were made but I wish I had one.

C
Old 02-10-2011, 07:36 PM   #10
rac3r

Someone started this argument on another forum as well

What about the 999 days? Were they on level terms then or did the Dukes still have more cc's?
Old 02-10-2011, 07:39 PM   #11
Mr Cake

Cost rac3r, cost. Them 999 were almost as expensive to run as the gp bikes. They were getting through so many engines.

C
Old 02-10-2011, 07:39 PM   #12
Pomp1

Quote:

I don't know how many R7s were made but I wish I had one.

C
Not something you'll see often me posting on an open forum..me too the answer anyway is 500..
Old 02-10-2011, 07:42 PM   #13
Mr Cake

500 must have been enough to race

C
Old 02-10-2011, 07:47 PM   #14
Pomp1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rac3r View Post
Someone started this argument on another forum as well

What about the 999 days? Were they on level terms then or did the Dukes still have more cc's?
same CC but a slight weight advantage. This argument (Ducati advantage) comes up time and time again. Ducati have had air restrictors for years now and ballast is added if twin-engined bikes (read Ducati) wins too many races. The truth is that Ducati did and does better than other brands at SBk, see for example Honda or BMW . They believed in the advertising power of SBK from day one, and it paid off.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:52 PM   #15
rac3r

You could also take the view that Ducati are a small company compared to the others?