UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hello from a new member!

Old 09-12-2011, 02:56 PM   #1
mickyvee

Hello from a new member!

Hello everybody! This is my first visit to the forum since I got my 1100 evo, back in October. My first Ducati, after 5 Guzzi's and a Jota (not counting Triumph's and other marques). I am 55 years young, and got the Duc as a replacement for my 1200 Griso which I found too heavy to cope with, after having an artificial shoulder joint fitted, back in January. The Duc is considerably lighter, and is therefore much easier for me to manhandle. So far, so good! She is off the road now, giving me time to fit a few goodies. Here are some pics of my bike, on day one!
007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg
Old 09-12-2011, 03:10 PM   #2
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Good afternoon Micky and a big welcome to the club.

Colne ? as in North Essex ? don't know it myself.

We're a pretty active club in lots of ways with rideouts meet ups and lots of trips.

Merchandise too if you're interested in T-Shirts, Calendar's or Mugs being my particular speciality

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:42 PM   #3
He11cat

Hi and welcome .. Jota .. Very nice!!
Old 09-12-2011, 05:07 PM   #4
mickyvee

Colne as in East Lancs! And, nice though my Jota was, I was much younger (and fitter!) back then, and she was a wayward, heavy old bus. Second only to a 750 MV Sport in the soundtrack department though!
Old 09-12-2011, 05:10 PM   #5
ricky
5ft 3 of perfection!!

Bike: M620
Welcome to the club mate... i love the way u have come on and posted pics straight away...have you any idea how long it normally takes us dumb dumbs to learn!!

drunk:
Northern Irelands answer to common sense-NORTHERN IRELAND REP!!
ricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:18 PM   #6
mickyvee

Go easy on the praise! It took me a long, long time to learn how to post pics (on another forum). I am not, in any way, a computer geek. Quite the reverse actually.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:27 PM   #7
Twentytoo

Bike: M696
welcome.....this is my first welcome......I'm too much of a reader of this excellent and friendly forum than a poster.....I vow to do better
Twentytoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:56 PM   #8
bex

Welcome to the madhouse
Old 09-12-2011, 07:53 PM   #9
Pocket Rocket

Hi Micky and welcome. Not too far away from you in Crosshills Nr Keighley so might catch you when the weathers not as grim up at Devils bridge or the like.
Would be interested to learn how to post some picy's if you or anybody can enlighten me as Iv'e done a few little bits to my Evo which might be worth posting.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:15 PM   #10
knuckledragger

Welcome matey....nice to see you got the fastest colour
Old 09-12-2011, 08:42 PM   #11
mickyvee

There may very well be lots of ways to post pics, but this is what I do. First off, transfer your pics from camera to your PC, creating an album. then, when you click on the attachments icon (the paperclip symbol) when you are posting a message, your album(s) will appear in the left hand portion of your computer screen. click on to whichever album you want, using the "Browse" function. Select the relevent pic and click the "Upload" box. It takes a while, but, when uploaded, it tells you in a little box. Then, click on the "Close window" box, which will return you to your original message. When you have written your message, click on the paperclip icon, and a box will appear telling you how many pics you have. It will also say "Insert all" which is what I do. It took me ages to work this lot out, so don't despair if it doesn't work first time. Feel free to PM me if you run into difficulties. I might very well bump into you at Cobb & Jaggers, and, living in Crosshills, surely you must know their salesman, Richard? He sold me my Evo! He lives in Crosshills, and it's not that big!
Old 09-12-2011, 08:51 PM   #12
The Red Devil

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyvee View Post
Hello everybody! This is my first visit to the forum since I got my 1100 evo, back in October. My first Ducati, after 5 Guzzi's and a Jota (not counting Triumph's and other marques). I am 55 years young, and got the Duc as a replacement for my 1200 Griso which I found too heavy to cope with, after having an artificial shoulder joint fitted, back in January. The Duc is considerably lighter, and is therefore much easier for me to manhandle. So far, so good! She is off the road now, giving me time to fit a few goodies. Here are some pics of my bike, on day one!
Attachment 15709

Attachment 15710

Attachment 15711

Attachment 15712
Hi and welcome to you...nice to see a fellow Evo owner...
Old 09-12-2011, 08:52 PM   #13
Pocket Rocket

Thanks for the photo info will try it when I've got a lot more time as I.T is not my thing. Bought my EVO from Paul at Cobb & Jagger who seems to be the main Ducati salesman. Even though Crosshills is not that big I dont know Richard.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:42 PM   #14
Capo
You Are What You Is

Bike: S4r
Welcome, we have a national 'weekender' in May at the Arrow Mill a place to put faces to names. A few of us go over to Belgium each September for the MOB meeting.

And some of us are going down to Misano for World Ducati Week in June, a four day party.
Capo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:43 AM   #15
Small Clanger

Hello and welcome, good choice of bike. I'm just over the A59 in Harrogate and often pass through Colne, I keep meaning to spend the Blues Festival weekend there but have'nt got around to it yet.
I too needed something smaller and lighter after several Harleys and BMW's and have found the Evo an excellent bike. Big grin factor!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Termignoni's 002.jpg (32.2 KB, 15 views)