UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » New here...from the other side of the pond

Old 16-04-2018, 04:16 PM   #16
dk1six

Hi Darren thanks . I guess my first question would be what have you done with your Foggy?

I would tend to think there's probably more than 10 over here in the states based on the "what number foggy do you have " threads I've seen lately.

I got the rearsets on eBay they weren't even on for a day yet when I found them. There is next to no choices for the S4 when it comes to rearsets. This set came off of a parted M900. Right now I'm trying to find a set of heel guards for them.

I'm thinking no decals on the cans myself and hopefully they'll come off painlessly.
Old 17-04-2018, 01:51 PM   #17
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
I've mainly modded with Ducati performance parts when I can find them, so far oil cooler, flywheel, slipper clutch, power commander and custom re-mapped, TPO Beast velocity stacks, Factory Racing clutch slave, Ohlins shock, Hyperpro fork kit, DP rearsets and Woodcraft clip-ons, billet levers, carbon rear tail sections, Corbin seat and rear LED lights and HID headlight kit, R&G frame sliders. I think that's about it. Nothing that can't be undone really. I have still to fit the full floating disks and SBK 999 calipers.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 01:17 PM   #18
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

The only rear sets I've seen with heel guards for the hi levels on a Foggy are the Cyclecat ones. I though Cyclecat stopped trading many years ago but I see they have a facebook page.

I think they are the Cyclecat ones anyway:-

http://raresportbikesforsale.com/wp-...gyForSale7.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Cycle-Ca...=page_internal

Old 19-04-2018, 08:15 PM   #19
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
No decals, keep it standard apart from the obvious tail chop

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 08:30 PM   #20
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Trouble is if you remove the stickers there will be a different colour carbon underneath, ie not faded as much. So you may see the outline of the sticker that was there.

Old 19-04-2018, 08:32 PM   #21
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk1six View Post
Back with pics to prove it happened lol...

This is the 02 Foggy with 1,9xx miles, I think it's 1,931 I'd have to look again.
I had all the CF pieces off of it and cleaned them and underneath them but it was pretty clean, maybe the cleanest used bike I've ever picked up. I added DP rearsets and got rid of the one piece front/rear peg bracket. I wanted Rizomas but scoured the planet and couldn't find them. Purchased them across the globe four times only to be refunded three to four days later by all of them because they don't carry them any more even though you can go through the buying process on their web sites!?

I picked up a nice set of S4 wheels in red that I was going to have powder coated black and save the original wheels and it needs tires I usually go for Q3s. It has the open airbox, K&N and full Termi exhaust with the Termi stickers removed. Debating on if I like the Ferracci stickers or not, maybe not what say you on those?

Up next is the S2R with just under 8k miles. I'd say it's pretty unmolested with the exception of a hoakey bracket used in the tail chop along with a clear integrated LED tail light. The resistors were glued under the mud guard out in the elements. I picked up bracketry from monster tail chop that allows for using the stock turns and refitted a stock tail light, something about the tail light that needs it to be red. I'm waiting on the tail light harness in the mail.
I've been mostly cleaning it as time allows and while I wait for parts. I have a set of CRG Arrow mirrors for it and black CRG levers to replace the red ones on it currently.

The Foggy came with the set of DP stands and the cover unused yet but no jacket...I almost walked away haha!!
Beautiful that Foggy.. I wish I had one for sure..
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 05:41 PM   #22
dk1six

I haven't seen any Cyclecat rearsets around in a while and then it's usually someone selling them in a forum or on ebay. Actually I have a nice set of Cyclecat rearsets now that I think about it, I got them used in silver had them powdercoated black and there they sit on the shelf! They were intended for my 749s but I ended up going for something of higher machining content lol!!

Darren69 those do look like Cc rearsets and they lookmlike the set I have but I didn't get heel guards I got mine on ebay. Ducabike makes a set for the S4 that looks like the Cc sets, in the ads anyway.

Took the stickers off, I guess there's somewhat of a little more "cleaner" impression in the rear. I think the S4 is busy to start with compared to a few other monsters, the S2R a little less cluttered with cleaner lines IMHO of course. There was no residue or shadowing left on the cans after taking the stickers off, I don't think they were on there all that long.

Thanks Albie, funny thing about the Foggy that I'm starting to realize. Pictures don't do it justice and you have to see it in person to appreciate it for what it is...or not. To be honest, I never thought they were that attractive a bike until I had one in the garage!!
Old 23-04-2018, 03:31 PM   #23
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

It's essentially a Tricolore S4, but I don't think the Drudi design paint scheme works very well and I'm not keen on the 2 colour seat. The S4RS Tricolore looks much nicer. Mine was painted metallic black and white by the previous owner which looks much better.

Old 24-04-2018, 01:57 AM   #24
dk1six

Right on Darren I look at it and sometimes it reminds me of a tricolore which I never found all that attractive, one color too many. For some reason a Ducati has to be two colors and adding a third throws everything off in color scheme speak...in my mind.
I didn't like the red panel in the seat at first and picked up a seat cover but the more I looked at it the more it grew on me too so it's staying and it helps keep with the originality. I put the seat cover on the S2r.
I don't care much for the silver wheels never did on a Ducati with maybe a couple exceptions so putting a set of black wheels on it will make me feel better.
Old 24-04-2018, 09:04 AM   #25
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

I put a Corbin seat on, which not only looks better but is way more comfortable. It just needs occasional cleaning and leather care, so I just use what they use on car seats.

Old 25-04-2018, 12:19 AM   #26
dk1six

I've had Corbin seats before over the years, never on a Ducati though because by then I was liking Sargent seats which I've had on two previous Ducs but not currently.

I have a Corbin Solo Gunfighter seat on my 07 HD that I had an extra inch of foam added for height, that's a really nice seat done in CF it's really comfortable.
Old 25-04-2018, 07:47 AM   #27
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
I had a Corbin on my s4. Lovely saddle but oh so hard. Pillion enjoyed the scooped out part. She may not enjoy my new old monster seat but I intend to make a custom pillion one from the 3 I have acquired just in case.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: