UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hello everybody ! And merry xmas !

Old 15-12-2008, 06:25 PM   #1
carkiller

Thumbs up Hello everybody ! And merry xmas !

Hi all ,i am new to the world of ducati and usually go for the jap bikes ,but there was something unruly looking about the monster that convinced me to get one .
I have owned a dt125 ,hornet 600 ,r6 another hornet 600 and now the monster 600 .
But cant help but wonder if i made a good choice ? ,i just bought a 99 model that looked ok just a little tlc needed ,got it home after a 10 hour trip there and back to buy it ,then noticed no neutral light ,spent sunday sorting it ,switch was sticking so they decided to cut wires off at loom and the switch ,took a bit of finding mind ,run new wires and freed up switch all ok now ! ,but noticed no crankshaft breather pipe or box ,luckilly read the forums and have ordered k&n filter for it as im sure stock parts will cost me a fortune ,this was less than £30 ,good compromise i hope ,also took for a run and its cutting out on idle ,but reading forum looks to be icing hope fully so when i get chance i shall adjust the idle to try sorting it .not the best of starts for me ,i am wondering ?? .
just a Big thanks to everyone for tips on the forums ,and merry xmas to all

Last edited by carkiller; 15-12-2008 at 06:29 PM..
Old 16-12-2008, 08:23 AM   #2
Mand

Merry Christmas to you too Carkiller.
Old 16-12-2008, 10:29 AM   #3
giler

Welcome and merry xmas.
I am sure you have made a good choice! Having owned quite a few jap bikes over the years, I found after a year or two boredom set in. Then again after changing the next jap bike wasn't really that different. The Duc's just have so much character.
Good luck.
Giler
Old 16-12-2008, 11:39 AM   #4
Kato
Dismantled

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Welcome, nice choice of bike as for Xmas Bah BLOODY HUMBUG

Kato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 02:15 PM   #5
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Well it already sounds ike you're finding your way around the old Monster.
The problems you're having may just be down to the specific bike rather than the range in general but being an older model there should be plenty of advice on here.
Welcome to the UKMOC.

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 05:05 PM   #6
gary tompkins
1/2 man - 1/2 pogo-stick

Bike: M900ie
Invest in some FST Pro and your icing problems should be sorted

Welcome to
Old 29-12-2008, 08:35 PM   #7
Catspoon

I don't want to sound too opinionated - oh okay I will then - but I've become a bit minded that half the tales of Ducatis being unreliable are down to some ham-fisted gorilla owners who don't really know to care for their machines - or won't invest in proper care for it. As well as my M750 I have a 750SS too and the utter stupidity that has been inflicted on it beggars belief. Thank God I'm rebuilding it, otherwise had I put it on the road some of the faults I've found so far could have put me under a bus.

Anyway, hello and welcome!