UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: UKMOC Events :. » Events » Trackdays » Ducati UK Trackdays 2017

Old 21-02-2017, 11:15 AM   #16
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Based on previous events these tend to sell out pretty quick, so waiting for a weather forecast a fortnight before the event isn't a realistic option. I'll leave this post up for the next week and then start contacting those who've expressed interest.
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 11:38 AM   #17
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursa View Post
Which shows you don't understand CSS, as from conversations I've had in person with their instructors over the years, they see it as learning cornering a different way in a safe and unrestricted environment, and have had Goldwings, Harleys and many other non "Superbikes" on their course. They emphasised to not let the Superbike thing put you off as it's mainly to do with their fleet.

Again I'll reiterate the point that this question is directed to people who have attended this event before and is around what the "hints and tips from CSS instructors" amounts to, as I would hopefully see if I got on with their style of instruction/methodology and perhaps book on one of their courses.

Also FAO Slob as with Pegboy is there a cut off date for booking?
Well you claim to understand CSS very well and have spoken to all their instructors I'll leave you to it.

I still think an i2i would suit you better.

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 11:58 AM   #18
Ursa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
Well you claim to understand CSS very well and have spoken to all their instructors I'll leave you to it.

I still think an i2i would suit you better.
Obviously this is difficult for you to understand, even though I have stated it clearly on a number of posts, was that the question was around the specifics of tuition at this event, not CSS in general. Neither of which you have experience of.

Maybe 1 2 1 coaching for you on knowing when not to use your keyboard may be more beneficial for all of us..
Old 21-02-2017, 11:59 AM   #19
LouSCannon
These must fit a Monster?

When I did my CSS level 2 it was chucking down with rain and I was watching a Pan AM go round the track... it really is an open school and matters little what you're riding. Equally the skills learnt easily transfer to aiding your confidence and control on road riding...

To answer Ursa's question, I think it's a case of grabbing one of the instructors and simply asking them to give some tuition on whatever session it is you go out on. First come first served, I didn't bother on the last Ducati track day I was riding on, but it was one of the first they ran so they may have a bit more structure around it.

I'd give the CSS guys a bell in the office and ask, they've always been very helpful on the phone and I'm sure they can give you more context as to how they will be running the day...
Old 21-02-2017, 12:27 PM   #20
Ursa

Brilliant, that's really helpful, thanks Jim, I'll give them a call and see what they say.

I think having done the track session at WDW without even a safety briefing, I am just a little hesitant on a Ducati organised event!
Old 21-02-2017, 12:34 PM   #21
slob

I think a safety briefing is a legal requirement at UK trackdays, all those I've attended have some sort of sticker or wristbamd to confirm you've been briefed.
Old 21-02-2017, 12:35 PM   #22
jonzi
Mary Mary Quite Contrary

Bike: M796
It will be much more organised than an Italian track day I am sure.

There is probably an Elf and safety requirement to do the briefings. On a regular trackday, you can't go out on track unless you have attended the briefings.

As Jim says, CSS are very helpful, there used to be a woman there called Lynne, if she is still about, she will sort out any concerns you have, I am sure
jonzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 01:20 PM   #23
Dirty
Bockloks

Bike: No Bike Yet!
Quote:
Obviously this is difficult for you to understand, even though I have stated it clearly on a number of posts, was that the question was around the specifics of tuition at this event, not CSS in general. Neither of which you have experience of.

Maybe 1 2 1 coaching for you on knowing when not to use your keyboard may be more beneficial for all of us..
i2i not 1 2 1 snowflake . Check them out

Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 01:49 PM   #24
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Quote:

I think having done the track session at WDW without even a safety briefing, I am just a little hesitant on a Ducati organised event!
If you want to get more tuition on track in a safe and steady environment then you really should do the full California superbike day somewhere in the UK. And really need to do level 1 and level 2, so that's about £900.

for the Ducati UK day you get a good portion of the instruction, but not all of it and there'll be a very wide range of skills, where as at a CSS day it's much more of a level playing field.

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2017, 11:27 PM   #25
pegboy

Ok i have 2 confirmed for silverstone and another 5 waiting on confirmation. Will let you know by the end of the week.
Old 22-02-2017, 06:16 AM   #26
slob

UKMOC members?!
Old 22-02-2017, 08:39 AM   #27
pegboy

The two confirmed yes, me and puddu82, the others are all ducatisti is that permitted? Rob you met Pedro before and a few others.
Old 22-02-2017, 12:21 PM   #28
slob

PM sent, the 10% discount we were offered was specifically for our club members.
Old 22-02-2017, 12:29 PM   #29
jonzi
Mary Mary Quite Contrary

Bike: M796
I, for one, can't wait to welcome our new Ducatisti members (and claim our trackday discount)

On a discount side note, does that include bike hire too?
jonzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2017, 12:51 PM   #30
slob

I'd hazard a guess not... but I'll check ;-)