UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Cans, Tyres, Brakes, etc. » SC Project for M1100evo

Old 06-10-2017, 06:22 PM   #1
Tim88

Bike: M1100evo
SC Project for M1100evo

Excited today 'cos my parcel arrived from Italy! (ordered on Sunday, fitted by Friday...great service from SC). Inspired partly by MarkF and his choice for the 1200R, I ordered the Oval muffler in titanium with carbon cap. The product is fabulous. The link pipe is beautifully made and sets the muffler at the perfect angle, as promised by SC. The little credit card sized homologation certificate is a very nice touch in case of stoppage by the constabulary. I think I will be mostly running with the dB killer in place as the sound is good enough for me. I chose titanium because I can't help feeling that the all carbon look is getting a bit old.
Price was right too! Oddly one of my reasons for choosing the evo was that I thought the stock exhaust looked pretty good and I would not be forced for reasons of good taste down the Termi route like I was with the 696 before it. Wasn't to be!
Tim88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 04:30 PM   #2
5thOfJacks

Congrats on having taken the plunge! I’m still debating can options. Photos please!
Old 01-12-2017, 06:21 PM   #3
Grumpy
record breaker!!

Bike: M1200R
Interesting comment about carbon/termis.
My S4 has a fair amount of carbon fitted as it seems to suit the bike, but the 1200r, apart from the factory fitted parts, doesn't lend to the carbon look. I'm regularly looking for accessories in another finish.
Plus termis seem to be the go to exhaust for Ducatis, personally, the aluminium sils fitted to my S4 sound good and look stylish. As for the 1200, the werkes exhaust is a peach......and LOUD!
Old 02-12-2017, 12:38 PM   #4
MarkF

Nice one Tim, they have a really good finish, having bought Termis once I will be buy SC again if I need to, like you I left that baffle in, its noisy enough.
Old 02-12-2017, 04:37 PM   #5
Tim88

Trying to post an image!

http://[url=https://postimg.org/image/oqe6ga3it/][/url]
Old 02-12-2017, 04:53 PM   #6
Tim88

Still making a mess of these photos

http://[url=https://postimg.org/image/pfwysponp/][/url]
Old 02-12-2017, 09:34 PM   #7
Ron1000

I had an sc project for awhile. I went full motogp stubby with no option baffle. So loud it silly; i got a mate machinist to make me a custom baffle. It sounded amazing but sadly a titanium remus caught my eye and i sold it to fund.
Ron1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:43 AM   #8
MarkF

I still prefer the carbon one
Old 03-12-2017, 10:36 AM   #9
Evostu

Hi Tim,looks good,I agree about carbon look,I have a black stainless sc can on mine,was going to go titanium but a second hand one came up on fleabay with a scratched carbon end cap,got it cheap and sanded and polished scratches out
Evostu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:10 AM   #10
Aviatore

Congrats on the upgrade! I just love the sound of the SC, baffle in or out it just hits the spot every time she fires up. I prefer the baffle out though as I get more burbles and pops coming off the throttle, its just great... sleepy little villages I'm riding through probably don't think so...