UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » New Owner (well, nearly)!

Old 04-11-2010, 09:00 PM   #16
Liz
Co-ordination

Bike: S2r
Hope you get delivery of your new bike soon Nick. The Hants brekkie meet is still another week away, it would be a good rideout for you if you can make it! Which side of Londinium are you?
Old 05-11-2010, 06:34 AM   #17
Nick_M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz_62 View Post
Hope you get delivery of your new bike soon Nick. The Hants brekkie meet is still another week away, it would be a good rideout for you if you can make it! Which side of Londinium are you?
Going out to spain for work for a long weekend today so won't be able to pick it up until at least next tuesday now...

....assuming of course that the dealer has finally got their act together by then!

I'm in SW London so its about 75 miles to the brekkie place, should be a nice run, and I can try the new satnav kit out at the same time!

just hope the weather will be good.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:22 AM   #18
singletrack

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_M View Post
Going out to spain for work for a long weekend today so won't be able to pick it up until at least next tuesday now...

....assuming of course that the dealer has finally got their act together by then!

I'm in SW London so its about 75 miles to the brekkie place, should be a nice run, and I can try the new satnav kit out at the same time!

I hope you get your bike on Tuesday. Fingers crossed.
And fingers crossed it is not too wet or cold for a trip to Hilltop for brekkie.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:59 PM   #19
Liz
Co-ordination

Bike: S2r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_M View Post

Should be a good run if the weather's fine! Fingers crossed for all of us who still want to get our bikes out before 'winter'!
Old 06-11-2010, 09:51 AM   #20
bex

Where did you buy? Hope wasnt Damiano had an off? He's a nice chap.

Enjoy the bike when you get it, nice choice

Done the run over for a Hampshire brekkie a couple of time... worth it, for the bacon that is, not the 'orrible hampsters.

Last edited by bex; 06-11-2010 at 09:54 AM..
Old 06-11-2010, 10:03 AM   #21
uksurfer
Its all grey now

Bike: M1200s
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbex View Post
worth it, for the bacon that is, not the 'orrible hampsters.
at least you won't be coming along any more then!
Old 06-11-2010, 10:13 AM   #22
bex

Hahahahaha try and stop me.

I love being adopted really
Old 06-11-2010, 04:54 PM   #23
chris yeatman
I still have the s4r!

Bike: S4r
Quote:

Done the run over for a Hampshire brekkie a couple of time... worth it, for the bacon that is, not the 'orrible hampsters.
glad that doesnt point to me, im from wiltshire.

welcome to the club btw
Old 07-11-2010, 10:11 PM   #24
Nick_M

Quote:
Where did you buy? Hope wasnt Damiano had an off? He's a nice chap.

Enjoy the bike when you get it, nice choice

Yeah, it was Damiano, and hopefully he will be back at work this Monday as reported by his colleagues, and not too sore!

I would concur that appears to be a nice chap, but I have to say the whole buying experience has been a total PIA. Having spent about £10K on the bike/extras/helmets/etc. I am just amazed at their total lack of intrest in actually getting the money and giving me the goods.

Whilst Damiano is very affable, passionate about Ducati, and very enthusiastic, the reality seems to be that he (or maybe the organisation behind him) are not as efficient as the enthusiasm leads you to believe, with the result that the whole experience becomes hugely frustrating, very agitating, and generally dissapointing.

I realise that I have not bought a Desmosedici, but then again I have not bought a scooter either, and surely 10K is a not unreasonable sum to spend on a second bike?

Actually this reminds me that last year I originally went there looking to purchase a Streetfighter, and having been totally ignored and then fobbed off by the sales staff I went somewhere else and bought a new crossplane crank R1. At that time I vowed I would not go back there, but 14 months later here I am giving them a second chance and all they have done is reaffirm my original experience.

I called again on Saturday (from Spain) to see if they had sorted out the payment from the finance company only to find that NO, once again the paperwork they had submitted was still wrong, and that they need Damiano to unravel it for them. Since he may or may not be back at work Monday (injuries permitting), I can only see this dragging on and on.

I fly back on Monday morning, and I can see a Monday afternoon visit to the dealer which possibly could get very loud.

Last edited by Nick_M; 07-11-2010 at 10:14 PM..
Old 08-11-2010, 10:07 AM   #25
bex

Agreed not a fan of the shop, but liked Damiano well enough.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:17 AM   #26
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
I've had dealings with Metropolis a few times, twice for Ducati Monsters and a Triumph Sprint.
Being a nice salesman doesn't make them a nice dealership to deal with, being appologetic and always blaming the process or someone else's paperwork is rubbish when you are spending a lot of money one a new bike. All they really want is to sell you a bike, get you out the door and move on to the next guy. Don't expect anything else.
Don't expect any help after you've bought the bike either, the servicing there is terrible, expensive at £90 an hour, and you never feel like they're really looking after you. If you can get it serviced somewhere else, but if you're like me, nearer to the garage than any other dealer, you're sort of stuffed.
Though DAYTONA in King's Cross are always nice and helpful when I've used them and that's not too far away, otherwise you're out to Protwins in Surrey.

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:24 AM   #27
bex

Yep agree not a nice dealership in general... was just hoping Damiano was alright, was good to me before and after sales when I bought there.

Had my fair share of problems with other departments in there.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:42 PM   #28
Lucati

Damiano is a nice guy, service and parts department are rude and useless.
When you finally get your bike don't take it back there for servicing and absolutely forget any idea of popping in with things that need quick attention - generally a 2 - 3 week wait to get your bike looked at.
Any suggestions on where to buy my next Monster gladly received!

Oh, and welcome!
Old 08-11-2010, 01:50 PM   #29
Gordon H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucati View Post
Any suggestions on where to buy my next Monster gladly received!

Oh, and welcome!

Moto Rapido in Winchester or Snells in Alton......... never had any negative issues with either dealer.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:43 AM   #30
Nick_M

Well I finally managed to pick it up yesterday, although it still took nearly two hours in-store to get the paperwork finalised and the bike out the door.

Oh and I haven't been given my warranty book as it needs to be signed off by a Ducati authorised person and as neither of them was in on Monday it will have to be done later and I will need to return to collect it.

Bike was eventually handed over to me by the mechanic, as there was noone else familiar enough with the bike to show me over it.

My local Ducati independent who I have known for 20 years recommends I take it to Protwins in Godstone for warranty servicing and then he will take over after the warranty period has expired.

Seems from the above posts that they are a good bet (?).

So, weather permitting, looks like I will be able to do the brekkie run after all.