UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Duc owner looking for a first Monster

Old 10-12-2016, 01:12 PM   #31
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Yes, lots of issues with plastic tanks. The S2R and later S4R models and some others (695?) and the later generation 696/796/1100 and Sportclassics all had plastic tanks and as such inherit those issues with tanks swelling and distorting.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 09:46 PM   #32
norvin998

Good threads - thanks. I've taken to draining alloy tanks fitted with brass taps or taps with seals of unknown materials along with all carb bowls since I had £100+ worth of brass jets /spray tubes & needles ruined by leaving the float bowls half full (run dry until the engine stopped). Its not the ethanol that attacks brass components its the acetic acid produced when the ethanol is worked on by air-borne bacteria to produce acid. We are more familiar with the process involved when a half finished bottle of red "goes sour" when left for a few days. Not that I'm in the habit of saving some for tomorrow.... Just goes to prove once a bottle is opened it should be finished off and once the bikes are stored get rid of every vestige of petrol in the system.

I have no experience of storing injected bikes with petrol in the system, it must be a risky business considering the cost of pumps & injectors?