UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Technical :. » Electrics » Intermitant Immobiliser

Old 25-03-2017, 07:46 PM   #1
serialrisk

Intermitant Immobiliser

Right Well Back again with more Woes.

I love this bike but jeez she is trying.

Out for a run today. No issues, then i stopped after 130miles for a photo shoot. Bike then refused to start, wouldnt crank. I noticed that the EOBD was switched on, and wouldnt go off but I thought it was a fault with the sidestand switch which i know is dodgy. Mucked around with the sidestand switch but didnt help, then 10-15minutes later, magic, EOBD light went off and bike started....

I had stopped a number of times previous without any issues and also stopped a few times on the way home and again started without issues.

I get home wash the bike and then the same has happened. Wont start, EOBD light is on. Tried doing the deactivate thing with the throttle, but either i am not getting it right or its not working. I have tried both keys and the red just in case.

The bike is garaged, it has been dry all day, except for when i washed, and it hasnt seen water for 5 days previous.

Im going to check the connector tomorrow in case there is corrosion which i believe is by the air box?

Any other suggestions

Thanks as always

Jim
Old 25-03-2017, 09:06 PM   #2
slob

Bike: Multiple Monsters
aerial in the ignition switch surround may have dropped down/come loose
slob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2017, 07:08 AM   #3
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Or it could be the plug for said aerial, pull it and clean with switch cleaner. But if the EOBD light is on its usually due to an error in the electrical/injection system. Maybe a faulty sensor. If you have the Ducati Diag software/leads you can read the error codes or take it to a dealer.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
immobiliser