UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » m900 broken cylinder stud

Old 03-05-2006, 06:55 PM   #1
ijr900

m900 broken cylinder stud

got the monster about six months ogo,i like twins and big singles.a pal of mine picked up one of these a few years back,it came with a broken stud,when fixed it has been ridden enthusiastically ever since.In a local bike shop there was a very clean,early m900 with 17 thou on the clock,the price was a little more than i wanted to p[ay at the time but,theres a problem with it said the salesman,broken stud.the price came down by what i thought i could get it fixed for.in a day i had the engine out of the frame and started to strip motor,hard part getting belts to come off over pulleys,stumped me for about a week until it dawned on me,its getting new ones put back on.where are my tinsnips.took engine to an engine reconditioner and asked them to remove studs.all 8 snapped off in the cases and could not be drilled out.went looking for a spark erosion firm that would take the job on.at third attempt came across air valley erosion leeds.they took it on as a back burner job.they are busy firm but no complaints about the quality or price.the motor has been stripped ,repainted ,dropped off at ducati johns ,leeds[see google]in several carefully labeled buckets.will post pics when i find out how to compress them,does any body know of a paint sprayer in the bradford,leeds area asthe tank wants a lickapaint. pics at this site.

Last edited by ijr900; 06-05-2006 at 08:29 PM.. Reason: cant spell,or punctuate
Old 03-05-2006, 07:35 PM   #2
Pugi

Sounds like one heck of a project...best of luck getting it together.
As for pictures, I use www.photobucket.com and just link to the pics.