UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » At last..............!!

Old 22-03-2010, 05:03 PM   #1
Mr.Number

Bike: S2r 1000
At last..............!!

Hello all, im Kev from the Cheshire/Lancs area and have just bought an 08 spec standard S2R1000 red/white and black wheels, with full ducati service history. Iv been following the site for a while though and have just been patiently waiting for the right S2R to become available.

Since iv been following, iv noticed how most posts requesting advice/guidance receive helpful replies ( with a touch of banter thrown in ) and think its a great point of contact for the uk's Ducati fans, so i am genuinely pleased to be aboard.

Iv had a few years out of riding and are really looking forward to getting back into things and what better way than a Ducati !

Iv kept an eye on the regional events thread ( LouScannon and Tigerlily ) northwest, and shifts allowing and of course the green light from the misses, ( well i cant just let it sit there can i ! ), im looking forward to seeing the faces behind the helpful threads.

Hopefully when i do meet up with some of you, it might be an idea to give me the directions as to where we are going, rather than looking over your shoulder and seeing a little red dot trying to keep up !

Anyway hello to all of you and see you soon

Kev

Last edited by Mr.Number; 22-03-2010 at 05:21 PM..
Mr.Number is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2010, 05:13 PM   #2
Darkness

Bike: M900
Welcome aboard!
Old 22-03-2010, 05:30 PM   #3
steeevvvooo

Bike: M1100evo
Congrats mate. Hope you enjoy it.

I assume it's the one you mentioned in the other thread?

Oh, and I'll give you 2 weeks before you decide you want more noise and start looking for an exhaust! (not that it's quiet in standard form mind!)

Last edited by steeevvvooo; 22-03-2010 at 05:39 PM..
steeevvvooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2010, 05:38 PM   #4
vtaggart

Welcome Kev,

I'm not that long joined this site but must say what a great bunch of people, great help with a bit of fun.

Some lovely bikes if you search the posts with plenty of info, now that said lets see yours

Cheers Vince
Old 22-03-2010, 07:35 PM   #5
weimeranerman

Welcome Kev
Old 22-03-2010, 07:38 PM   #6
uksurfer
Its all grey now

Bike: M1200s
welcome to the monster owners club, full of useful information and i'm sure there will be some meets in your area for you to enjoy.
and cut that tail off!!!!!
Old 22-03-2010, 10:03 PM   #7
mholc123

Let the modding begin - chopped tail, loud exhaust and I would modify the bars to make them a bit narrower, but then again i'm only a short ars!e
Old 23-03-2010, 09:28 AM   #8
Mr.Number

Thanks all.

Steeevo yes it is the one i went to view. Really nice bloke selling, was a lecturer who has owned the bike for the best part of a year but has only got round to doing 200 mile ! The other 4,800 was done by the first owner. He had the bike on his drive when i went to see it, and it looked fantastic, just had to buy it basically.

Fired up first time. Got a really good price on it to, as im regularly seeing other S2R's with alot more mileage going for alot more money ! so pleased on that score.

Vince will pop up some photos shortly, but youl be dissappointed eventually as my mods are going to be very similar to yours, as i think youv got them spot on, subtle but great looking. Iv got one mod up my sleeve though but thats in due course and havnt seen an S2R with it yet.

Yep the tail has to go, but i wont be chopping any of the frame, and i agree i probably will be looking for louder cans and different bars.

Looking for bar end mirrors at the mo and a tail tidy kit, that will do for starters, although i am looking at a squire padlock and pragmasis chain, both for my wallet so i cant blow my wages each month on mods !

Last edited by Mr.Number; 23-03-2010 at 09:31 AM..
Old 23-03-2010, 09:31 AM   #9
LouSCannon
These must fit a Monster?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Heya Kev, sounds like a cracking bike, look forward to seeing it at somepoint over the next few weeks!
Old 23-03-2010, 09:55 AM   #10
buzzbomb
Gold Member

Bike: M1100s
Kev come and join in the fun (weather permiting) on sunday for the wirral easter egg run, meet up at the little chef on the A41 just off juction 5 M53 between 9.45-10.00am.
buzzbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2010, 10:36 AM   #11
Starter Sprag

Thumbs up

Nice one Kev,

Keep it rubber side down
Old 23-03-2010, 11:04 AM   #12
benaround

Welcome and hope you enjoy your new toy !
Old 23-03-2010, 11:07 AM   #13
steeevvvooo

Bike: M1100evo
If you need a lock and chain (although for the bike, not the wallet! ) check out Almax. They have some scary videos showing how easy most lock/chain combos are to cut, before conveniently showing that their's can't be!

I was sold anyway, and I feel much more confortable leaving it outside now
steeevvvooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2010, 02:39 PM   #14
Mr.Number

Yes seen the almax chains they do look solid. Looking at the pragmasis chain and squire lock combo at the minute, seems value for money. Just had a concave underground anchor delivered today, so will get that installed over the weekend.
Old 24-03-2010, 06:35 PM   #15
vtaggart

[QUOTE=Mr.Number;343591]

Vince will pop up some photos shortly, but youl be dissappointed eventually as my mods are going to be very similar to yours, as i think youv got them spot on, subtle but great looking. Iv got one mod up my sleeve though but thats in due course and havnt seen an S2R with it yet.

Cheers buddy thanks very much

Vince