UK Monster Owners Club Forum » .: Warm Up Area :. » A nice place for new members to say hello » Hello there!

Old 07-06-2010, 09:40 AM   #1
Stu_Vtwin

Hello there!

Hi

I have been lurking the past couple of weeks and thought it best to sign up.

My wife has recently passed her full test and is now looking for a Monster. I have been riding on road for the last ten years and couldn't imagine life without bikes and now it seems my wife feels the same!

I tend to do most of the maintenance to my bikes so always find owners forums very helpful, hopefully won't need to ask too many questions once we have found a Monster. My wife is 5"2' so needs a low seat height and she was leaning towards staying on a cruiser, she has a Honda Shadow 125 at the moment, but when I showed her pictures of a Monster it was love at first sight and is also a much better bike to ride than a heavy cruiser! She does have her heart set on a black Monster (ooh err missus!) though which hasn't helped when trawling through the classifieds.....

Anyway thought I would just post here to say hello - I have posted in the wanted section as well, but if anyone knows of a black 600/620/750 Monster for sale for around £2K please let me know. And yes, I would buy Chris Yeatman's 750 but it's the wrong colour

Cheers for now.

Stu
Old 07-06-2010, 10:02 AM   #2
giler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu_Vtwin View Post
Hi

I have been lurking the past couple of weeks and thought it best to sign up.

My wife has recently passed her full test and is now looking for a Monster. I have been riding on road for the last ten years and couldn't imagine life without bikes and now it seems my wife feels the same!

I tend to do most of the maintenance to my bikes so always find owners forums very helpful, hopefully won't need to ask too many questions once we have found a Monster. My wife is 5"2' so needs a low seat height and she was leaning towards staying on a cruiser, she has a Honda Shadow 125 at the moment, but when I showed her pictures of a Monster it was love at first sight and is also a much better bike to ride than a heavy cruiser! She does have her heart set on a black Monster (ooh err missus!) though which hasn't helped when trawling through the classifieds.....

Anyway thought I would just post here to say hello - I have posted in the wanted section as well, but if anyone knows of a black 600/620/750 Monster for sale for around £2K please let me know. And yes, I would buy Chris Yeatman's 750 but it's the wrong colour

Cheers for now.

Stu
Nice 900 for sale for only a little more
Old 07-06-2010, 10:23 AM   #3
J.P
No more Monster...

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Hello and welcome . Hopefully you'll find a bike soon. And you can always have it resprayed...

-------------------------------

My Mum says, there's no such thing as Monsters.
J.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 11:41 AM   #4
Nickj
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: S2r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu_Vtwin View Post
I would buy Chris Yeatman's 750 but it's the wrong colour
An ideal opportunity to get the black of her choice then, it's not like there's much paint area to start with!
Hope you find the bike you're after and there's much happy thrashing
Old 07-06-2010, 11:48 AM   #5
Snips

Welcome to the club, you've definitely come to the right place.

Good luck finding the right bike.

My own first 'proper' bike was a monster 620, and it was a beautiful bike, and great for a sensible beginner.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:45 PM   #6
PedroII

what about a silver 2001 m750? (so I can buy Giler's 900!)
I can get a couple of spray cans from wilkinson's and make it look black/rat!
Old 09-06-2010, 04:55 PM   #7
Stu_Vtwin

Thanks for all your replies. Do any of you know if the seat height is the same on the 750 and 900 as the 600/620 models?

Thanks again.